All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, salespeople & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
Boxed is seeking an experienced Director of SEC Reporting to take responsibility for all SEC reporting aspects. Reporting to the SVP of Accounting & Controls, the ideal candidate is a self-starter & a leader, who takes initiative to grow & develop the role.
The Director of SEC Reporting will be responsible for:
- Preparation, accurate reporting & filing of SEC periodic reports including Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K & Annual Report
- Develops & manages SEC filings related to XBRL reporting.
- Ensures accuracy & completeness of all financial footnotes & disclosures.
- Ensures compliance with all SEC, FASB, & NYSE regulations.
- Manages presentation of financials & communication to senior management.
- Keeps up with reporting & disclosure standards issued by the SEC
- Train & develop the junior staff to gain exposure to SEC reporting
- Oversees the coordination, analysis, & completion of quarterly technical accounting areas position memos.
- Conduct, support & assists with the internal audit function & the initial implementation & ongoing SOX compliance requirements.
- Participates in the coordination, planning, & execution of all aspects of the quarterly reviews & the external audit process.
- Assists with the review & preparation of the quarterly & annual earnings release.
- Assists in the preparation of materials for the Audit Committee & Board of Directors
- 7-10+ years of relevant SEC reporting experience with a public company
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Equity Management is a plus
- Proficiency in Excel & PowerPoint
- SQL is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!
Check Boxed out here! For CA residents, see our CCPA Policy.