Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage & fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, & real-time coordination with doctors & insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicines true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, & are on track to achieve $300M ARR by the end of 2019. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next 'Unicorns".
Alto is looking to hire a Per Diem (On-Call) Pharmacy Technician at our Los Angeles location to help support our team & deliver world-class service to patients. The Pharmacy Technician will expedite the processing of prescriptions & help maintain the non-prescription aspects of the pharmacy department. This position is on-call & does not have guaranteed weekly hours.
- Licensed pharmacy technician in the state of California, CPhT
- Believe in Altos mission & our company values
Listed below are duties to be performed by the registered pharmacy technician:
- Expedite the processing of prescriptions by performing all duties necessary & allowable, by policy or law, in preparation of filling & in the distribution of the prescription to the patient which include:
- Entering accurate information into the computer in order to generate labels for new or refill prescriptions, affixing those labels on containers & placing medication in the appropriate container
- Retrieving appropriate medication(s) from stock
- Counting tablets/capsules or pour liquids in appropriate quantities
- Assisting the pharmacist in preparing & reconstituting medications
The registered pharmacy technician shall also be involved in the following functions that are not directly related to the actual filling of prescriptions:
- Organization & filing of new prescriptions & patient profiles
- Restocking & reordering supplies when necessary. Supplies may include vials, bags, printer labels & paper
- Manage inventory as follows: Receive drug order from wholesaler, restock shelves
- Check inventory for appropriate shelf life remaining before expiration, pull expired or nearly expired items
- Assist the pharmacist by reordering items for both prescription & over-the-counter departments, ordering new items as needed & shorted & backordered items. Communicate with the pharmacist & /or customer about item availability, when necessary.