Ripple is the worlds only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated & flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates & digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
Ripple is growing rapidly & we are looking for a results oriented Software Engineering Manager to join a growing team charged with determining & delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust & scalable manner. You will work closely with applied scientists & machine learning engineers to build robust solutions that power our liquidity services at scale. You will mentor other software engineers, setting & demonstrating high standards & technical excellence. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing & delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious & ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Think strategically while balancing both short & long term needs
- You will build & lead high performing engineering teams by motivating your team & leading by example to continuously innovate, improve & think differently
- You will deliver outstanding results for our customers & are a role model for other engineers
- Create shared vision & build & maintain strong partnerships with Product Management, Ops, Security, Research, Customer Success & Business development teams
- Responsible for entire software development life cycle for your teams deliverables
- Own & deliver your roadmap
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 5+ years managing high performing engineering teams
- Have managed engineering teams of 8+
- You have demonstrated success building highly scalable APIs / backend platforms / distributed systems / data access layers, etc.
- You have experience with Agile development
- Have experience in building full stack transactional systems (preferably in payments / banking / e-commerce domains)
- You have a bias towards action & make decisions quickly after considering competing viewpoints
- You have successfully recruited high performing teammates
- You thrive on autonomy & responsibility
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact
- Competitive salary & equity
- 100% paid medical & dental & 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement & weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving donation match
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages & coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights & more!