At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 7 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes & lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active & growing in 10 different countries across 3 continents. If you would like to join an energetic & highly motivated team & work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field where you can really have an impact & make a difference every single day then join us & become part of developing a global fresh food champion.
About the role:
We are looking for a bilingual Translator to provide high quality, consistent & error-free translations for Product Team documents, including recipe cards.This position is full-time & based out of our office in Toronto.
- Provide consistent, on-time delivery of consumer-focused translations for the French-Canadian market.
- Produce high quality translations, proofread documents & make corrections, with great attention to detail to ensure uniformity, style & tone of two different brands as well as flawless spelling & grammar.
- Work with proofreaders, members of the product team, graphic designers & other team members to ensure on-time delivery & flawless execution translated texts.
- Update terminology data bank to standardize terminology usage.
- Participate in meetings & other projects as required.
- Prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Bilingual, Canadian French & English, both written & oral (native French speaker preferred).
- Able to work in a team.
- Enthusiastic with an engaged attitude, ready to energize & contribute to a start-up environment.
- Great in a fast-paced environment.
- A go-getter with a "make things happen" mentality.
- A university degree in Translation from English to French.
- 1-2 years translation experience
- Strong computer skills (proficient in Google Docs & Sheets, Adobe Suite especially inDesign, experience using CAT tools & online terminology resources).
- Capacity to meet tight deadlines & manage several projects at the same time sometimes with shifting priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills & capacity to prioritize work.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience in food or restaurants is an asset, a real passion for food is required!
Why youll love working with us:
- Youll have the chance to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy
- Were a startup within a startup. Were nimble but we have the institutional knowledge & the global resources to make HelloFresh a sure-fire Canadian success. You can get in at the ground level
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office! We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously
- You'll have the chance to put your stamp on a crazy-high-growth company & make a difference in the way Canadians eat, from coast to coast
- Employee discounts on your weekly HelloFresh box!
Could you be our next Translator? Click apply & be ready to convince us why!