We create a safe space for communities to thrive!
OpenWeb (formerly Spot.IM) is on a mission to increase the quality of conversations online. We build technologies that create thriving & engaged communities, reduce toxicity, & increase safetyimproving the quality of civil discourse & supporting independent journalism. Today, OpenWeb works with more than 1000 top-tier publishers (including News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29, & more) & hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 100 employees between New York City & Tel Aviv. We are backed by world-class investors including Insight Partners, Index Ventures, AltaIR Capital, ScaleUp, & Norma Investments. Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, & demand more from one another. As a hyper-growth technology company aiming to save the web from toxicity & big tech, were looking for a strategic leader to sustain this momentum. Are you in?
Strategy Director - What youll do:
Reporting to our Chief Strategy Officer, the Director of Strategy will be responsible for supporting OpenWebs long-term growth plans through partnership, acquisition, & new market penetration opportunities. This role will also drive key strategic initiatives such as long-term profitable growth through the creation of new revenue streams & new product offerings.
This will be a pivotal role, embedded into all aspects of the company & working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders such as Product, Engineering, Data, Marketing, Business Development, & Partner Success teams.
The Skills & Experience You Bring:
- Conduct competitive market research & analysis on the digital publishing & technology landscapes to identify new market penetration opportunities for OpenWebs technology platform
- Provide strategic support to the organizations leadership
- Perform acquisition target identification, due diligence, & supporting other investment efforts
- Be responsible for the design, development, & execution of internal strategic initiatives, with a focus on product innovation, industry competitiveness, & business growth
- Be an internal driver of business performance by consistently making improvement recommendations based on market trends data & insights
- Be the vector of organizational alignment by defining departmental goals, roadmaps, & processes
The Skills & Experience You Bring:
- Degree in business or related field, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in management consulting and/or strategic planning roles & previous acquisition experience is a must
- Previous experience at successful Tech companies is a plus!
- Proven track record of formulating & executing organizational growth/expansion plans
- Excellent understanding of business operations & processes
- Effective strategic thinker & communicator
- Outstanding research, analytical, planning skills
- A business-driven leader with an entrepreneurial mindset
The OpenWeb Culture:
We offer a dynamic & unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class & high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, & creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change & strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role & projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, & make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams & upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.We care about your privacy!
Please take a moment to review OpenWeb Privacy Practice