WHO WE ARE
As a critical member of the retention team for the Consumer Marketings audience group, youll manage our essential communications to subscribers of New York. You will lead strategy across our billing experiences, aggregating detailed reports on the performance of billing journeys across subscriber segments & lifecycle moments, providing recommendations to product & optimization on improvements to our existing treatments on the site. Youll also be fully responsible for the end to end management of our billing email tactics, & own a testing roadmap for our priority subscription journey moments. Ideally, you are someone who has worked with subscription lifecycle management & understands how to turn insights into long term retention & nurturing tactics.
Vox Medias Revenue organization handles advertising & marketing partnerships with brands & agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue & commerce across the organization.
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about whats now, whats next, & whats possible.
As a community of journalists & storytellers, business professionals, creators & technologists, we believe it is a moral & business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, & inclusion throughout our organization & media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, & our platforms, products, & partnerships.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Youll be responsible for reporting & analyzing the renewal success of our billing moments; churn across free trial & intro periods, annual renewal, cancelation & changes in account (upgrade, downgrade). You will create detailed reports on the learnings we find from testing the design, messaging, & overall urgency of our campaigns that inform stronger tactics for retaining subscribers during their most vulnerable periods.
- Own the end-to-end management of our subscription billing email program; youll create briefs for our creative team, identify messaging hierarchy, best practices & intent of our copy & templates. Youll also own the end to end production of these emails, managing audience segmentation & campaigns in our EMS lifecycle builder.
- Partner with optimization & product to create data-driven improvements & testing tactics across our retention journeys, providing them with informed briefs describing our supporting data, hypothesis, & improvements to our subscription billing journeys on the site & in email. Develop, plan, & optimize subscriber transactional & nurturing campaigns through rigorous, hypothesis-driven A/B testing.
- Partner with CX to gather & distill customer feedback on pain points, errors, & improvements to our billing journeys on a regular basis, reporting to product & editorial stakeholders on the voice of subscribers & their primary complaints/ concerns.
- Partner with the analytics team to gather ongoing reports & data on user journeys to discover insights & drive performance. Understand & report on key retention KPIs including but not limited to click through rates, open rates, sessions, pageviews, retention rate, churn rate, & user level data.
- Partner with the rest of the audience team & the Vox research team to create & distribute surveys across our key journey moments, using qualitative & quantitative analysis to distill responses into detailed reports to share with data, product, & acquisition partners. Leverage subscriber feedback to improve our existing billing tactics, & make recommendations to the rest of the audience team on areas of our subscriber journey that could be improved with additional engagement or personalization.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-4 years of experience working with automated email campaigns, user segmentation & data analytics.
- Experience with ESP management preferred.
- Data-driven individual with the ability to dig into large sets of data to interpret findings, analyze trends, recognize anomalies & build testing plans based on data.
- Strong analytical skills (particularly with Excel / Google Sheets, Google Analytics...) & the ability to leverage data for insights & action. Experience with Qualtrics or other qualitative data tools is a plus.
- Executional knowledge across a variety of marketing tactics/channels- email/ on site/ social/ direct mail etc.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills & is at ease communicating across teams & different levels within a large organization
- Experience working with digital support/ customer experience teams is a plus.
- Ability to work, coordinate, & build relationships with multiple stakeholders.
WHERE YOULL WORK
This job is located in New York, NY. Were dedicated to the health & wellbeing of all of our employees, & when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves & create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products & services come from people with all manner of backgrounds & experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work & sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights & best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency & communication. Learn more about our values here, & our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, & how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.