The Sr Solutions Engineer is part of a team of highly knowledgeable security experts who are motivated to solve difficult problems presented by the increasingly complex cloud security landscape. As part of this strategic newly formed team, you are one part prophet & evangelist, one part technical closer & facilitator, & one part builder.
The Sr Solutions Engineer must possess strong technical & persuasive skills, capable of effectively articulating technology & product positioning to a variety of audiences including C-Level Executives & highly technical personnel, with a window into the pains & challenges of the modern SOC. This individual will be an integral part of the sales team providing the highest level of technical sales support for Sumo Logics next-generation Cloud SIEM.
- Proactively evangelize the benefits & capabilities of Sumo Logics next-generation Cloud SIEM & SOAR
- Work with high-velocity Sumo Sales teams, partners, & other stakeholders throughout our most complex & strategic opportunity lifecycles from qualification to technical win
- Product demonstration, technical presentations, sharing industry & technical expertise at tradeshows & virtual events, assessment of customer needs & environments, identify influencers & decision-makers
- Provide expertise regarding architecture design, strategy, & planning
- Ownership & control of the definition & Execution of Proof of Concepts through Success Criteria & building champions
- Provide feedback for product direction & contribute to Sumo Logics growing repository of Security Applications & Security Expert Knowledge Base
- Hands-on Knowledge of Security related products, technologies, & sources such as IDS/IPS, SIEM/Log Management, Network / Endpoint Security, Threat Detection, Incident Response, MSSP/MDR, Threat Feeds, CASB, etc.
- The innate ability to uncover a customers pain, & find a way to solve it within the solution framework.
- Some software development and/or scripting experience (regex, python, SQL, etc.), & the ability to work at the system command-line interface.
- Ability to mix art & science with dashboards & visualizations
- Understanding of SOC environment & the current pains within, previous experience as a soc analyst or manager preferred
- Ability to effectively present solutions via live presentations & remote webinars - were looking for someone who can influence & connect whether in a 1:1 conversation or talking in front of a few hundred people.
- Excellent communication, presentation, & project management skills
- Some depth & exposure in at least one of the major public cloud providers, AWS, Azure, GCP, with a basic understanding of the architecture & security monitoring points
- Familiarity with a SIEMs role in compliance/benchmarks such as CIS benchmarks, PCI, SOX, GDPR, NYC500, HIPAA, etc
- 6+ years experience selling/supporting/consulting within the information security space; particularly SIEM technologies. Looking for expertise in at least one of the following: IBM QRadar, ArcSight, Splunk, SumoLogic, LogLogic, LogRhythm, Exabeam, RSA EnVision, Devo, Azure Sentinel, Google Chronicle, or similar.
- Preferable to have a CISSP, CCSP, and/or other security attestations & certifications with hands-on knowledge of security threats, solutions, security tools, & network technologies.
- Critical thinking with a strategic mindset, who is self-directed, resourceful, & comfortable in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Up to 50% Travel
Sumo Logic (NASDAQ: SUMO) empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable & secure cloud-native applications. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform helps practitioners & developers ensure application reliability, secure & protect against modern security threats, & gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics & insights across observability & security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.
The expected annual base salary range for this position is $131,000 - $175,000 . Compensation varies based on a variety of factors which include (but arent limited to) such as role level, skills & competencies, qualifications, knowledge, location, & experience. In addition to base pay, certain roles are eligible to participate in our bonus or commission plans, as well as our benefits offerings, & equity awards.