GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll change the way the world defines wellness: mind, body, & mood.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact & change peoples lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations & focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn & grow. You will face a disruptive & emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation & collaboration.
We are hiring a Director, Commercial Finance to our Finance team in New York City!
- Provide financial direction/support to operations & sales functions as relates to our relationship with partners
- Establish, maintain, & enforce best practices, processes & controls related to pricing, contracting & compliance
- Develop business plans with the Partners team, based on market research & data analytics, on new/emerging growth markets & new commercial strategies driving core KPIs & metrics
- Monitor market & existing partners risk & opportunity trends
- Stay abreast & analyze commercial activities & keep finance, operations & sales up-to-date to strengthen forecasting & risk management
- Enable a proactive & collaborative culture between Commercial, Global Sales & Finance to obtain shared goals
- Monitor, analyze & educate on value drivers of the business (Key Metrics/KPIs)
- Review & ensure monthly reporting of business performance is accurate
- Contribute to on-time monthly, quarterly, & annual forecasts through analysis & insights, ensuring that all variances are challenged & understood
- Model commercial scenarios to provide commercial support & review for planning
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to support decision making & reporting
- Ensure numbers have been rigorously reviewed before submission for quarter-end & year-end balances to support the audit process
- Participate effectively in a give-and-take decision-making process & be able to express professional opinions & recommendations with confidence & candor yet collaboratively
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years experience in commercial finance and/or financial planning
- Risk management/credit experience is a plus
- Excellent financial modeling & control process design capabilities
- Self-starter, action-oriented, has a positive attitude, & willing to work under tight timelines to achieve the financial objectives of the business under a fast-paced uncertain environment
- Able to quickly gain the confidence of the financial leadership, sales, & operations
- Able to communicate & give purpose to financial data simply & succinctly to non-financial managers
- Hands-on work ethic & comfortable in a culture, which retains its small business style of informality in interpersonal interactions & communications
- Team player, who is an open, honest, & mature individual
- Good listener as the environment is fast-paced & fluid
- Known for ability to engage & maintain strong relationships with sales leadership
- Can-do contributor & participant in sales & finance discussions
- Must possess good IT systems knowledge
- Salesforce, Tableau, SQL & database experience is a plus
- Strong verbal & written communications skills able to challenge, coach, train, influence
- Strategic thinker, contributor
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health & well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: health, dental & life insurance
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission & encourage our employees & their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge. Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 & floating holiday in addition to 9 company-observed holidays
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life & we want our employees to take the time to be present & enjoy their growing family. 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents, of both biological & adopted children, regardless of gender & parent's relationship with the co-parent
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal & career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting & supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers, Facebook Life at Gympass & LinkedIn!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.