WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
Our BARK Essentials team is harnessing the same magic we put into our toys & putting it into home essentials. BARK Essentials products are simple, smart & elegant. They belong in every home & make life better for dogs & their people.
We are looking for a sourcing & procurement guru to help us develop new products & achieve our goal of making dogs happy by delivering reliably great, reliably elegant products to every single dog household.
- Execution of category strategies: implement action plans for contract manufacturers, primary components, & secondary components
- Lead supplier selection process for contract manufacturing & supplier agreement negotiations
- Work closely with the Essentials team & partners in China to continuously improve quality & cost, while exploring new materials & production methods.
- Drive supply chain & cash flow initiatives: implement vendor management inventory programs, optimize supply chain lead time, & maximize economic value.
- New product launches: engage with Marketing & Product Development/Innovation teams to support new development activities. Develop new supplier relationships & source new material with a focus on speed to market, quality, cost & supply stability.
- Research & maintain continual knowledge regarding supply market dynamics, trade, & industry dynamics
- Manage & maintain lead-time, quality, & delivery negotiations
- At least 7 years in a well-respected supply chain organization with a track record of results managing direct material & packaging categories
- CPG or Direct Selling procurement role in the home goods category is required
- Experience with category management across multiple channels & multi-step strategic sourcing processes; able to lead & manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder communication, complex timelines, & meeting management skills
- Understanding of general procedure to pay processes & systems, including use of ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal & presentation skills; comfortable & credible with both internal stakeholders & external audiences
- Manages change through influence; capable of driving major commercial decisions across a diverse set of stakeholders
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding & proactive individual; able to motivate self & others; easily accepts constructive input from others
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, supply chain, or a related field
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, NY. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.