Lead Technical Trainer - Java
Pivotal's Story (Video)
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, & methodology to empower the worlds largest organizations to adapt to change & build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Youare a Java expert, with experience & familiarity building Cloud based applications using Java; you have a strong background with Java & related developer frameworks & products like Spring.
- Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and/or Spring Cloud Services.
- Recent experience building a microservices architecture/ distributed systems.
- Experience with XP, TDD, Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery.
- You are an Agile practitioner with 8+ years of software development experience, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, & related techniques.
- Great verbal communication skills. You are capable of public speaking & presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- Great written communication skills. You can clearly communicate complex technical concepts.
- Ability to work through problems with others. You are able to patiently work one-on-one with others to work through technical problems.
- Experience building distributed systems/ Cloud-Native application architectures.
- An understanding of or implementation experience in building Twelve-Factor applications, & using Domain Driven Design.
- You are a polyglot programmer (i.e. Kotlin, Ruby, C#, F#, Go, etc.)
- Bachelors or Masters degree & above
- Experience integrating with Netflix Open Source Platform components
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
- Experience with Concourse
- Help lead an immersive, best-practices program for building Cloud-Native applications
- Enable customers through doing it rather than talking about it
- Guide students through building applications & distributed systems running on Pivotal Cloud Foundry in a classroom like setting
- Teach the fundamentals of Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Concourse (CI/CD), Spring Boot, & Spring Cloud Services.
- Teach developers & architects to use agile/XP & techniques like TDD & CI/CD.
- Expose students to many of Pivotals core practices.
- Continuously learn & be at the leading edge of Pivotal & industry trends. Rotate onto internal software development teams and/or consulting engagements.
- Travel to select customers locations & international travel destinations
This role will require travel to & work at clients sites all over London & Europe, however, you will only be required to be away 2-3 nights/3-4 days per week (back home Wednesday/ Thursday evening & work from home Thursday/ Friday. When you are not on a clientsite you can work from home remotely or the London office). As this role will be working acrossEurope, candidates will require the relevant right to work visa/work permit which is usually an EU passport.