Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about engaging communities of developers.
The DigitalOcean Senior Marketing Manager is a new role that will be integral in helping scale our DigitalOcean for Startups program, which offers a suite of benefits & resources designed to power the next generation of startup founders to build world-changing products on our simple yet powerful cloud platform.
We are looking for a quick thinker who is naturally analytical with a consultative mindset. Youll be spending much of your time analyzing customer feedback youve gathered, via surveys & market analysis reports, & creating case studies & customer stories that help other startups DigitalOcean can solve their problems, making our customers experience with DigitalOcean as easy & valuable as possible.
Were seeking a Marketing Manager who can jump into the role, start learning & contribute quickly.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Working with technical & business contacts at trial & subscription customer levels; you will be working with developers, CTOs, CEOs, & Founders, so experience in technical onboarding is key
- Maintaining & improving support & founder developer communities to educate new customers during their onboarding period to get them to adopt cloud services quickly & effectively through integrated marketing communications at scale
- Monitoring customer usage to identify upsell opportunities & churn risks, working with internal teams to continually improve our data tooling & profile key customer types through extensive use of data
- Proactively messaging a high volume of customers per month to ensure that they are fully aware of DigitalOceans capabilities & assess whether they are ready to build & launch their products on DigitalOcean
- Working closely with the Sales & Solutions Engineers team to schedule product deep dives, office hours, & technical overviews of our cloud platform with qualified leads;
- Serving as the bridge between sales & marketing by working closely with Marketing to align the quantity of leads with each months goal
- Working closely with Sales to align created opportunities to monthly goals
- Proactively initiating new client partnerships through service excellence
- Keeping records concerning activities current; communicate timely & accurately with the Account Management teams
- Demonstrating awareness of the importance of building a strong image for self, products & Company
- Other job-related duties as assigned
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience building & leading programs to drive market awareness, customer acquisition, & funnel management.
- Outstanding analytical skills, strategic thinking, a results-driven approach to execution, & a can do attitude
- Solid understanding of the cloud industry preferably in the context of usage by startups
- End to end ownership of customer funnel - from acquisition to nurture to conversion to advocacy.
- Storytelling skills to succinctly articulate the value of DigitalOcean cloud to startups & small businesses.
- You love digging into customer use cases & thinking deeply about how to help customers succeed. Youre patient & resilient, with a sense of humor, & a natural ability to listen & educate. Your curiosity, & desire to learn & take on new things are key to your success at DigitalOcean.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- MBA degree or relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Motivation to meet & surpass goals
- Strong attention to detail & data analysis skills
- Data query skills (SQL, Tableau, Looker)
- Thrive in a competitive environment & jump at the opportunity to take on new challenges
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Driven by a desire for excellence in your craft & work hard to constantly improve
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- 3-5 years of business experience, preferably at a growth stage SaaS company
- Passion & excitement for how quality customer interactions can drive business growth
- Superior verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in loosely structured environments, & you take ownership to see things through to completion
Nice To Haves:
- Experience working & building relationships with technical customers/end users, who are primarily developers, using the modern cloud & API
- Prior experience with the cloud or SaaS business
- Passion & empathy for the entrepreneurial journey
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!