SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, & thriving communities. As one of the worlds most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, & an artist services & distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
Our diversity is our strength. The SoundCloud internship program is designed to discover new, diverse talent & develop future leaders who will drive our organization to continue to lead whats next in music.
We will provide our interns with valuable opportunities to strengthen their skills, contribute to our mission, & prepare them for a full time role.
We believe that investing in the next generation of talent will help us nurture innovative talent; who are brave, have integrity, & will embrace the challenge.
SoundCloud is looking for a People Communications Intern who is a self-starter, super creative & looking for an opportunity to immerse yourself in the brand.
- Lead the redesign of the companys intranet
- Collaborate on the global newsletter
- Design logos & graphics
- Edit sizzle reels & create video content
- Assist in the execution of hybrid events & experiences
- Collaborate with team on new ideas, directions, & tools for marketing & communications
- Identify opportunities to shine a light on SoundClouds Total Rewards offerings, People & Culture
- Manage team calendar
Who You Are
- Currently a student or recent graduate from an accredited university (Graduation date between Dec 2022 - May 2024 preferred)
- Have a good understanding of the basic principles of communications
- Possess excellent project management, written & oral communication, & interpersonal skills
- Creative, with the ability to communicate in a professional (yet fun) manner
- A self-starter, ability to work well independently, & within a team
- Have knowledge of G-Suite, HTML, website content management & graphic design
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign & Photoshop
Internship applications must be submitted by March 31st, 2023.
The summer internship program will be 10-weeks from June 5th, 2023 - August 11th, 2023. This is a full-time internship & will be hybrid based out of our New York office. In-person attendance will be expected 2-3 times a week.
The salary for interns based out of our New York office will be $6500 paid over the course of the 10-weeks.
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York & Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), & the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate & connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity & inclusion at all levels of our organization & fostering a community where everyones voice, perspective & experience is respected & heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops & enrichment opportunities
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead whats next in music by understanding & empowering our creators & fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, & strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully & thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans & SoundClouders identify with. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups focused on supporting & promoting the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to build a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.