Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour designers are focused on making incredible experiences for millions of players in different genres from all over the world. Our Economy Designers job is to understand how a game works, what drives players, creating helpful simulations & implementing balancing data. Additionally, Economy Designers assist the Live Operations teams in games as a service by identifying & developing strategies to improve key performance metrics. You will also contribute to the design as a whole, providing feedback & suggestions to develop compelling mechanics.
- Collaborate with the design team on all game designs & provide active feedback
- Work with other disciplines like Engineers, Data Analysts, & Product Managers to find & champion solutions
- Assist in the overall monetization strategy in planning & implementing virtual products for sale
- Provide a grass roots approach in helping establish the game economic vision & strategy
- Plan data design to be flexible for a constantly evolving F2P market
- Establish rules & data parameters for key systems in the game
- Design, implement, tune, & balance game systems, economies, & player progression
- Contribute to & create design support documentation as necessary
- Continually iterate & improve game balance & the tuning features to maximize performance & improve the feel of the game
- 3 or more years of experience as a Systems Designer with a strong understanding of F2P Economy design
- A masterful understanding of Excel & other economic tools
- Thorough understanding of game design fundamentals & theory on how to craft an enjoyable experience
- Analytical thinking with the ability to identify issues ahead of time
- A strong understanding of market trends & monetization strategies
- Fluent in written English
- Passion, you need to love making games as much as we do!
- Post-secondary education in Game Design, Economics, or Mathematics is a plus.
- Understanding of Excel VBA is also a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.