Since its founding in 2012, Paxos has sought to enable the movement of assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets--from money to commodities to securities--will be digitized & move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy. By seeking the highest forms of regulation & compliance, Paxos has distinguished itself within the blockchain industry & earned the trust of discerning institutional & individual investors.
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is a digital dollar & the worlds first regulated crypto asset. This stablecoin is backed 1:1 by dollars & offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, its the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- PAX Gold (PAXG) is a digital asset where one token is backed by one fine troy ounce (t oz) of a 400 oz London Good Delivery gold bar, stored in Brinks gold vaults.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange. We also offer related trading services including escrow, custody & OTC trading.
- Post-Trade: Based in London, our Post-Trade team works on a broad suite of products to simplify post-trade confirmations for precious metals, other commodities & FX markets. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service in late 2018 & has already confirmed well over 100,000 trades with aggregate notional values in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
We are looking for an SRE Manager to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. This role will be reporting directly to the SVP of Engineering & you will lead a team of talented SREs. This includes providing architectural guidance, mentoring other engineers, evaluating new technologies & industry changes, & defining & leading company best practices. This will also include interfacing with other leading technology companies & universities in the future of the blockchain industry.
Who You Are:
- People management experience, including hiring, firing, & developing engineering talent
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, agile, & (sometimes) ambiguous environment with multiple priorities & stakeholders
- AWS Certification or equivalent knowledge about AWS infrastructure
- System administration experience for Linux & Windows systems
- Kubernetes experience
- Amazing troubleshooting, debugging, & problem-solving skills.
- Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform, etc.)
- Logging (Splunk), & CDN (AWS & Akamai) experience
- Networking & routing expertise
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of SREs on projects for users & be directly responsible for uptime.
- Ensure reliable & secure production & pre-production environments
- Maintain & improve efficiency by driving down infrastructure costs
- Improve system monitoring & alarming
- Improve developer velocity through build pipeline optimizations
- You'll work cross-functionally across Product, Engineering, Security & Operations business units
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries & flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited PTO
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, & pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- A fun, vibrant office environment in the Flatiron District with a smart & passionate team doing incredible things to modernize Finance.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.