Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 12M people come to buy, sell & discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in Manchester, LA & New York, we have a team of more than 100 people dedicated to enhancing & developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And were just getting started.
Right now, were on the hunt for an iOS Engineer to join us in our Manchester office to help achieve our mission: transforming the way Depop connects with creative minds, by constantly delivering great user experiences on their Apple devices.
To reach this goal we keep investing on our technology, as well as the software architecture, & we achieve this through 3 core principles:
- We believe Swift is a great choice for writing robust & elegant code, but we also look for other functional languages which can inspires us.
- We believe applying solid architecture principles makes a huge difference when it comes to designing our features, supporting many engineers working on the same codebase.
- We believe in automation & we apply this in many parts of our release pipeline, giving us more time to work on features whilst celebrating a new version of our app every two weeks.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog!
We write about technology, people & smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
- Completes work in accordance to the coding, UX, quality & testing standards set by the team
- Proactively shapes the technical approach, acceptance criteria & design of features in collaboration with the team
- Completes Peer Reviews according to team standards & gives constructive feedback
- Monitors the app health metrics of our apps
- Monitors & maintains the health of our Continuous Integration pipeline
- Identifies opportunities to present knowledge during internal meetups & other sessions
- Attends & actively contributes to Agile Events.