Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate to join our Accounting Technical Operations team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
In this role, you will join our tight-knit Finance team & be a key team member, directly interfacing with our insurance operations organization, focused on validating data integrity & scaling the Finance department through technology & automation. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Financial Operations.
What is this position?
You will be responsible for identifying, scoping, & implementing technical solutions for operational challenges within our insurance operations, supporting the financial operations/reporting of our core underwriting. You will be responsible for owning, developing, & prioritizing a technical operations roadmap & working directly with key stakeholders to get things done. Well expect you to understand complexity, distill it, & explain it in simple, structured terms. Well expect you to lead the team in validating data quality by building replicable data reconciliations.
In the first four months:
- Partner with fellow Finance - Accounting team members to understand the underwriting data complexities & areas for improvement/efficiency
- Lead iterative problem definition & technical scoping in close collaboration with insurance operations & data teams across Oscar to build solutions that radically improve data quality & support financial reporting
- Independently track & manage month-to-month deadlines, balancing urgency against importance while owning & developing a longer-term technical roadmap
- A bachelors degree
- 3+ years SQL/Python experience
- 3+ years experience in a technical role (QA analyst, PM, operations analyst, finance, consulting, industrial engineering)
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have:
- An academic & professional background in coding, math, finance, statistics or data science
- Knowledge of healthcare and/or health insurance
- Start-up experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.