The Squarespace Finance team is looking for a Financial Analyst to partner with our Product organization. You will explore a range of business questions, drive company strategy, empower executive decision-making, & guide SQSP towards achieving its goals. We help set the company-wide targets, provide forecasts & real-time analytics to executives & business leaders, & partner with leaders to to evaluate product decisions. You will not only have superb technical skills but also the communication skills to present to all levels of the business.
You will report to the FP&A Manager, & be based in our New York headquarters. We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19.
YOU'LL GET TO
- Support the strategic planning process for multiple planning/forecasting cycles
- Identify opportunities to enhance the efficiency of existing processes & propose improvements to improve the use of important metrics
- Be a subject matter expert to improve & simplify processes, create standardization, & build scalable systems to support business growth
- Develop networks across the business through partnership, influence, & communication
- Gather, review, & communicate fact-based insights into variances & trends of financial & operational metrics for management, external, & board reporting to support organizational plans
- Manage financial reporting & close process, including variance analysis
- Partner with the Product organization to develop business cases to support new product & feature launches
- Develop impactful, compelling presentation materials (decks, notes, write-ups, backup materials) that communicate outlooks, drivers, performance, risks, & opportunities to senior leadership
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning & analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or equivalent experience
- Mastery of Excel (can perform complex functions)
- Detail-oriented & organized, with a desire to dig into complex problems
- High attention to detail but an equally important ability to see the big picture & evaluate analyses with strategic context
- Able to multitask & meet deadlines with a strong sense of ownership, intellectual curiosity & an ability to think creatively & critically & thrive in a fast-paced & dynamic work environment
- Comfort working & communicating across the organization
- Experience with P&L components & unit economics
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.