WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, How They Asked, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Were seeking a talented & highly motivated full-stack engineer to join The Knot Invitations team. This is an exciting new line of business for The Knot Worldwide & we are making significant investments in our offering. The products you will be working on help couples find & customize wedding invitations that inspire & delight. Our tools power our paper offerings across multiple brands & are integral to solving user pain points & meeting business goals. We have ambitious, experiment-driven milestones but we also have a commitment to quality. New code at all levels of the stack is expected to be extensible, high performing, scalable, & secure. What you build will make the wedding planning process more enjoyable & less stressful for our millions of users.
- Develop features for The Knot Invitations suite of tools that couples use to find, customize, & purchase their wedding invitations.
- Help migrate the existing Invitations platform onto a modern tech stack (Node/React) & a new ecommerce solution.
- Produce well-tested, maintainable, & scalable code on the back-end & front-end.
- Collaborate in the Agile development process to help architect, build, & ship new features.
- Be an advocate for coding best practices on the team, & stay up-to-date on new technologies & industry standards.
- Engage with the tech organization beyond our team. Partner with engineering teams in the United States & around the globe to make decisions on architecture, data, & process patterns.
- Partner with product & engineering managers to maintain the right balance between feature & technical work.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Minimum 4 years experience as a software engineer building beautiful, scalable, & highly visible web applications.
- Experience working on the server-side in a Node.js application stack with a modern persistence layer. Experience with Postgres and/or MongoDB a plus.
- Experience building front-end features in React. Exposure to a range of front-end frameworks & component libraries is a plus.
- Experience with Node.js & Typescript preferred.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure platforms. Experience with AWS a plus. Experience with Kubernetes a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile based environment.
- Experience with A/B testing practices a plus.
- Experience with eCommerce technologies a plus.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks on the back-end & front-end. You consider solid test coverage to be a critical part of the development process.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Excellent time management skills. You are able to set milestones & exercise independent judgment to complete projects on time & to specifications.
- A passion for self-improvement. You constantly strive to expand your technical skill set & to improve the quality of your code. You enjoy finding new ways to produce great code at a blazing pace.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You dream big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You love our users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You do the right thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You hustle every day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You win together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.