Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
As the Director of Programmatic Operations, you will be charged with a deep understanding of programmatic technology in the market, trends & opportunities for investment, as well as partnering with internal engineering & product teams to improve our programmatic solutions.
Youll be directly involved in driving revenue through strategic partnerships with platform partners, analysis of revenue metrics & identifying opportunities to grow spend with clients.
This role requires an in-depth understanding of technical components & the fluidity to both connect with clients who have a robust knowledge, as well as the ability to break down complex terms & jargon for internal trainings. The ideal candidate has an expert knowledge of the technical components of programmatic operations, is driven by numbers & creating opportunities to win, & being a part of a team environment.
Youll manage a team of Programmatic Operations Managers & Specialists, & have experience in people management with a reputation of being a collaborative & inclusive leader, who communicates clearly, connects dots across the company, raises standards, empowers teams to do their best work & invests in career development.
This role will report into the Head of Audience & be based in New York with occasional travel to our outer offices.
What Youll Do:
- Partner with senior leadership, product & engineering on product road maps to support company goals aligned with market demands
- Own all aspects of Vox Media non guaranteed ad stack from partnership, technology & reporting
- Partner with revenue leads on comprehensive revenue metrics to inform multi channel sales strategies
- Leverage data analysis & client feedback for optimization strategies & provide solutions for complex campaigns
- Establish partnerships with SSPs with clear performance objectives & liaison between buyers & DSPs for successful execution & troubleshooting
- Identify & close strategic up-selling opportunities, especially on large accounts billing $1M+
- Build relationships in-market & keep a pulse on trends & initiatives to keep our solutions competitive & best-in-class
- Represent Vox Media in-market at conferences, award receptions & industry events
- Build best practices, conduct trainings & create internal resources
Oversee a team of both Programmatic Operations Managers & Programmatic Operations Specialists
What Youll Bring:
- 5+ years experience in a programmatic role & a deep understanding of technical components
- Excellent relationship-building, communication & presentation skills - working across all levels in the organization (entry-level to executive)
- Proven success of client-focused training programs aligned with organizational priorities
- Bias for action, accountability & problem-solving
- Flexibility to maintain focus through change & drive amid ambiguity
- Strategic thinking & storytelling - stepping back from the day-to-day to see the bigger picture
- Willingness to travel as necessary
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.