Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans such as Peter Thiel & Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for people to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in New York City, our team is committed to creating a driven & diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for ambitious people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, & comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, we're looking for people who are passionate about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles & needs.
The Cash Operations Associate will be one of the first employees on the Brex Cash operations & business team, & will support the scaling of our financial operations. Cash is Brexs newest product, & presents an incredible opportunity to grow & develop a new line of business for the company. The team is responsible for building & leading external partnerships, business & customer performance, & owning critical operations to run & balance Brex Cash. We partner across the organization with Product, Engineering, Data, Finance, & Sales to help drive strategy & success. We are thoughtful, technically-inclined & analytically-minded. We dont sweat the small stuff & like to get things done. We hope you do too.
- Partner closely with internal & external business teams to solve challenges of scale & expanded service offerings
- Develop a deep understanding of our processes, customer usage, partner systems, define metrics & help business teams implement in their workflows
- Develop key processes & automation, demonstrating findings from existing teams along with outstanding attributes of the Cash product
- Research & recommend actionable solutions to unstructured business problems based on complex data
- Drive down inefficiencies in our business workflows & implement root-cause solutions
- Generate & maintain reports & dashboards for monitoring & evaluation
- Inform our data science, product, & engineering teams of broader business needs & priorities
What We Value
- Experience: Your experience in operations management within FinTech and/or traditional finance will enable you to contribute quickly. If youve also worked with deposits, payments, or asset management business, even better.
- Communication: We value direct communication & asking thoughtful questions. We will work with multiple partners & will collectively arrive at the best outcomes when sharing & partnering. Some of your strengths include your ability to lead multiple projects & clear communication.
- Analytical: We will be directly responsible for scaling Brex Cash & driving efficiency through analytics. You may need to use analytical languages (e.g., SQL, R), along with strong analytical (Excel) & visualization tools (tableau, looker, in-house tools) to monitor & improve the business operations.
- Solution-Oriented: You will own & build analytical frameworks, identify problems, & most meaningfully, resolve data-oriented problems. You are driven by outcomes & are able to clearly present your work internally & externally.
- Creative Thinking: We are building a new business line at Brex, which will mean many changes & opportunities to have an impact. You will work both within the operations team & with your counter-parties across Brex to develop & consider creative solutions to help us grow.