We're looking for a PR Senior Manager to contribute to driving & executing the communications strategy, further increasing our brand awareness, our leaders' profiles, & strengthening our companys reputation. You will report directly to the Director of Communications & Corporate Affairs & work from our headquarters in SoHo, NYC [remotely for now!].The ideal candidate is a proactive contributor & an exceptional writer with 6+ years experience in PR and/or Communications. Most of all, you have a true passion for storytelling.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Project Management + Cross-Functional Representation: Supporting the Communications Director, serve as the PR Team lead on project managing ongoing priorities to streamline various projects from ideation through to completion. Youll support cross-functional efforts, by representing the PR team in various meetings, partnering closely with teams across the company to manage cross-functional workflows.
- Media Relations: Contribute to the development & execution of the global & localized PR strategies (in partnership with the Senior Associate,, Director, as well as external PR agencies), with a particular emphasis on brand opportunities in the US. Develop strategic plans to elevate product launches, marketing campaigns & evergreen narratives through earned media relations. tYou bring an existing network of journalist contacts from top general consumer, business, trade outlets, & youll support more junior members of the team as you work together to build relationships with media.
- Story Development / Pitch Ideation: Monitor media & document trends, proof points, stats, & other KPIs in order to proactively identify new story angles & relevant pitches to strengthen Aways messaging & strategy.
- Internal Communications: Support Director of Comms in drafting internal messaging & executive talking points, coordinating internal company announcements, & working alongside the People & Culture team to foster an organic, transparent & thoughtful company culture.
- Writing: Develop compelling written content by contributing to Q&As, statements, talking points, briefings, award nominations, and/or media pitches.
- Executive Support: Create & conduct media briefings for key company spokespeople, facilitate & staff interviews, & share read-outs & notes following for the teams visibility.
- Rapid Response: Serve as primary support for the Director of Communications on crisis communications, flagging possible vulnerabilities & potential consequences, & maintaining a Crisis Communications protocol program (response systems, internal training, etc.).
- Goal Setting + Reporting: You contribute to setting (in collaboration with Manager & Director) monthly objectives for your market with clear KPIs, working closely with the PR Sr. Associate to contribute to team- & company-wide reporting.
Who You Are:
- You have 6+ years of directly relevant experience, with a preference for both agency & in-house experience on a public relations / communications team.
- Youre a strategic thinker as well as a doer. You can think big-picture & also roll up your sleeves to get the job done, focusing your & company resources on efforts that add significant strategic value & long-term advancement to our overarching communications goals.
- Youre a self-starter. You can recommend & initiate projects with minimal direction.
- Youre a relationship builder & quickly becoming a media relations pro. Youre nurturing productive & trustworthy relationships with agency partners & are in the process of building out your own media network when relevant, identifying & collaborating with key outlets in your markets as well as internal stakeholders.
- You have excellent verbal communication skills & youre great under pressure, possessing the ability to act as a company spokesperson, with on-the-record experience in both print & broadcast media interviews.
- Youre creative. Youre able to conceptualize newsworthy moments, develop story ideas even when the hook isnt obvious to most, & follow through with pitches that land great media.
- Youre a skilled writer & editor, comfortable developing content for a variety of purposes (Q&As, statements, talking points, or media pitches) & require limited edits from your Director.
- Youre a natural partner & trusted advisor. Youre able to work seamlessly with external agencies to ensure alignment & execution against multiple goals. You have a proven ability to advise internal partners on communications strategy & are comfortable working closely with executive leadership.
- You care about results. Youre able to measure success & report on whats working & whats not so we can iterate & improve on a regular basis.
- You show strong attention to detail & have exceptional organizational skills.
- Maintaining positivity & poise in even the most stressful situations.
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.