Company Description|Job Description
As the most adopted digital experimentation software platform, Optimizely is enabling the world's largest brands turn their data into best-in-class customer experiences. The platform's ease of use & speed of deployment empowers organizations to create & run experiments that help them make better data-driven decisions, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco with offices in New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, Cologne, Munich & Sydney, we have grown from an easy-to-use A/B testing product into a premier test & learn platform.
Optimizely is growing at a staggering rate. We now have 6 offices globally, including a growing team of employees in London. As the Sales Director UK, you will build & lead a high-achieving enterprise sales team & seek to accelerate our revenue growth even further. You will facilitate professional growth & development of team members through coaching & mentorship. You will play an integral part of our strategy in establishing & expanding our enterprise footprint in the UK market.
You will be one of the key drivers of revenue growth, redefining sales processes & evangelising our product & brand to prospects & customers.
We are constantly trying to improve the way in which customers buy enterprise software. Our product allows our customers to create customised & optimised experiences for their end customers, & we want to offer that same level of customised & optimised experience for *buying* our product. To do that, you will need to dig deeply into a customer's business requirements & share exactly how we can help each customer unleash a new wave of revenue growth & company success.
In addition, you will be the strategic leader of the UK team, with matrix responsibility for all UK team members including Marketing, Partnerships, & Facilities. You will have a strong influence in decisions on hiring, office operations & culture. You will report to the VP Sales, EMEA.
- Can hire, coach & retain top talent
- Great management skills, successful at motivating & growing a team
- A strong track record of performance in a previous quota-carrying sales role. SaaS experience a major plus
- Recent experience managing & closing complex sales-cycles with large enterprise accounts & an existing network that you can call on
- Demonstrable knowledge of key ROI & TCO principles used in financial consolidation, budgeting, & forecasting
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CEO/CFO level
- Genuine curiosity about the customer - what are they trying to accomplish? What is preventing them from doing so? What can they stand to gain from using Optimizely?
- Intrinsic drive to be successful. We are a fast-growing company & need people who will take initiative to figure it out & take ownership to be successful in the role
- Clear, succinct communicator. The best technical sales people communicate points clearly & succinctly, with an economy of words. They focus on using the vocabulary of their customer to help that prospect envision using & getting value from the product
- Team-oriented, collaborative nature
- UK experience: Experience living & selling into the UK/Ireland region
Please note you will need to be available to come to the US for training & will have regular trips to Amsterdam for meetings & training.
At Optimizely, we offer a wide array of benefits & perks to help our employees strike just the right balance between work time & personal time. We're all about optimizing productivity by maximizing joy.
Catered in-office lunch & wide array of snacks
Competitive vacation policy
Fully paid health insurance, including dental & vision
Quarterly wellness subsidy
Pre IPO stock options
17 weeks fully paid parental leave for new parents
Working with a great team, in an amazing office, having a huge impact!
We embody inclusion, which is reflected in our company values where we embrace diversity & equal opportunities for everyone.