Associate Sales Planner, Americas
We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.
Tripadvisor is looking for a smart, enthusiastic, & motivated Associate Sales Planner to join the Tripadvisor family to manage & develop our Key Account partnerships in Americas. The Associate Sales Planner will play an integral role developing strategic media plans based on a clients goals & objectives while ensuring business rules & pricing are adhered to & all revenue associated with the program can be fulfilled & recognized. This position will offer the right person a great opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment & help support our growing media business.
Tripadvisor, the worlds largest travel site, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With 1 billion reviews & opinions covering the worlds largest section of travel listings worldwide, comprised of 8.1 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, & restaurants. Tripadvisor branded sites are available in 49 markets, & are home to the worlds largest travel community of 490 million average monthly unique visitors, all looking to get the most out of every trip.
We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic, dynamic & international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving & collaboration.
Reporting to the Sales Planning Manager, the Associate Sales Planner is responsible for the following critical tasks:
- Provide best in class service & solutions
- Collaborate with Sales & Account Managers to understand their clients objectives & needs in order to develop strategic media plans
- Maintain & ensure business rules & rates are adhered to while actively presenting solutions when client needs may conflict & require otherwise
- Build comprehensive media plans within our order management system, working to reserve & book inventory
- Generate insertion orders & manage final bookings
- Track delivery pacing on a weekly basis for all campaigns & implement proactive optimizations to ensure all revenue can be recognized & invoiced
- With guidance from Account Manager, work in order management system to revise & optimize live campaigns for delivery, performance, & other client objectives.
- Responsible for client monthly Billing Reconciliation in addition to working with the Tripadvisor Accounting Department to resolve billing issues & generate timely invoices.
- Collaborate alongside Marketing Solutions counterparts to design strategic custom content media plans while maintaining profit margins
- Bachelors Degree with 1-2 years minimum professional experience in digital media at an agency/client/publisher prefer in an Sales Planner or Client Services role
- Understands digital concepts & is up to date on emerging ad formats
- Consistent & proven track record in successfully developing strategic media plans in a B2B environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams across all levels including management
- Proficient in Excel & GSuite with an analytical ability is preferred
- Systems knowledge with Sales Tech & Digital Platforms (Salesforce, OMS, DFP, Moat, DoubleVerify, IAS etc.)
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Proficient attention to detail with a high level of organizational skills & communication skills
- Experience managing complex tasks in a digital environment with a strategic lens
- Flexible & open to change & new information, changing processes, client direction; adapts behavior & work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths & weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair & ethical behavior toward others & a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility & commitment
- Ability to work with cross functional teams toward the common goal of driving revenue & client satisfaction
- Positive attitude & treats colleagues with respect: considers & responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, & capabilities of different people
- Team player with the ability to manage up & across
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate & timely manner & acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events & is able to move forward productively
- Identifies & analyzes problems & is comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines; distinguishes between relevant & irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution & make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands & utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication (written & oral) through expression of facts & ideas in a clear, convincing & organized manner
- Acts as an owner navigating internal materials with little to no supervision; Able to surface solutions in addition to questions
- Good business judgment when making decisions & always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- A desire to perform in a fast-paced highly changing marketplace & be driven to meet & exceed the teams expectations/demands