All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
We are looking for talented software engineers to join our Core Services team. This team builds the infrastructure that powers our backend technology, enabling us to develop robust & scalable systems. The Core Services team evaluates our engineering platform holistically & improves it by extending existing systems, integrating open source tools, as well as writing our own software to support the needs of other engineering teams.
Although our platform is primarily written in Go & NodeJS, we value any Software Engineer who can think critically & learn quickly. We often leverage open-source tools that may be written in any language, & a Core Services engineer should feel comfortable diving into the source code to fix bugs or understand the software when theres a gap in documentation. Were a bunch of engineers who enjoy balancing time to market & robustness, & are comfortable making decisions that shape the way software will be built at Boxed for years to come.
- Design & implement solutions to help developers ship code as quickly, reliably, & correctly as possible
- Improve the performance, reliability, & scalability of our existing systems
- Stay up to date with latest trends, & evaluate when up-and-coming technologies are ready for introduction into the Boxed ecosystem
- Improve the Developer Experience (DX) of being a Boxed Engineer
- Think critically & solve the problems around you
- Assist in refactoring the existing monolithic codebase into smaller microservices where it makes sense
- Write clear documentation & automated tests to ensure code reliability & ease of maintenance
- Perform stress & load testing across various core services
- Review your peers code to teach & learn while improving software quality
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrable results & products from 3+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with a healthy experimental attitude.
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal & oral communication skills it will be necessary for you to communicate your work to the rest of the engineering team through many mediums including documentation, presentations, & small workshops
- Strong Database skills (e.g. NoSQL, Postgres, Redshift)
- Ability to work alone or in small teams
- Experience writing production code in several programming languages (e.g. JS, Go, Python,, Java, Scala)
- Experience teaching, mentoring, or captaining in any capacity
- Experience using & debugging DevOps/Networking/Infrastructure (e.g. Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins)
Dont meet all of our requirements? Not a problem. Were always looking for fast learners who may have a less than standard path or the exact skillset mentioned above. Please apply anyways & show us why youre awesome!
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!