GROUP NINE is looking for a visionary Beauty Video Producer that has a passion for storytelling on new platforms & social media, with a focus on beauty & cosmetics. Working closely with the Beauty Art Director, this role will be responsible for creating compelling custom content video campaigns for a major cosmetics brand as an agency partner to Brandshop. The Beauty Video Editor & Producer must be highly collaborative with both editorial & client-direct experience. Were looking for someone that has the ability to think strategically, execute on a budget, & able to work efficiently to produce quality content within tight deadlines. We want a Beauty Video Editor & Producer that is passionate about beauty, fashion, culture & who can take charge as a director on lower- & mid-tier sets.
The ideal candidate possesses the skill to create inspiring & artistic content for this major cosmetics brand. Produce beauty video content for every social platform to attract engagement & build brand awareness. This role will concept & execute creative social media video content strategy for beauty & cosmetics, & strike the balance between social media performance with elevation of brand & product perspective. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with exquisite taste & vision, who can produce unique & compelling visual stories.
A TYPICAL WEEK LOOKS LIKE:
- Lead video content strategy & ideation for all aspects of video production, including crew & production team, research, editorial direction, & budgeting.
- Creatively run small to mid-level video projects from start to finish, starting with concepting to building out full video campaigns.
- Develop script, screenplay, & outline according to storyboards, tight scripts, & brand guidelines.
- Working closely with the Beauty Art Director to provide overall aesthetic, tone, look, casting, editing, & sometimes directing for video campaigns.
- Develop wide range of visually stunning video concepts, content, & viral memes for marketing & social media based on product launches, collections, & creative & marketing priorities.
- Manage video sets as a producer, lead coordinator, & supervise projects & personnel; leveraging both internal & external production capabilities & resources.
- Build project budgets, oversee schedules, & coordinate with Brandshop production teams.
- Negotiate rates with freelance crews & vendors.
- Work closely with legal to execute vendor & talent contracts.
- Must be active & knowledgeable of all social media platforms of the social experience, specs & asset creation for platforms including Facebook, Instagram (IG/Reels), Pinterest, TikTok, Tumblr, & YouTube.
THE NEXT GREAT BEAUTY VIDEO PRODUCER WILL HAVE:
- REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of video work. Any candidates that do not provide a portfolio link will automatically be rejected.
- 3+ years of experience producing video for social media & editorial in film and/or TV, with a focus in beauty, fashion, & culture with cosmetic brands, publishing, or creative agencies.
- A passion for social media & content creation with an interest in beauty, fashion, & culture.
- A robust understanding & thorough knowledge of production & post-production processes.
- Stay inspired & proactively seek knowledge in latest visual storytelling & industry best practices.
- Direct videos with a sophisticated, youthful & trendy aesthetic with a keen eye for beauty, fashion, & culture.
- Clear & effective communication skills in articulating concepts & presenting ideas to clients & leadership.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, composition, & spelling.
- Must possess a positive, flexible, & collaborative attitude.
- A wide breadth of knowledge in the techniques & processes of digital filmmaking is a plus NLE editing, 3D software, cameras & lenses.
- Understanding of graphic design, color correction, audio mixing, cutting music, motion graphics, etc.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere CC with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, & Illustrator) as a plus.
Occasional evening, weekend, & off-site work is required as needed.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.