Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
The Data Product teams mission is to envision, build, & deploy the next generation end-to-end platform for real estate data ingestion, processing, storage, serving, & analysis at massive scale to provide leverage for Compass. Every team & agent at Compass relies on our platform to make data-informed decisions as they grow their business on top of this strong foundation.
About This Role
You will help Compass become the leading source of real estate information by resolving customer-reported data quality issues, responding to data source changes & outages, & identifying product & process improvements to help scale our business. You will work cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, data analysts, & other operational teams to grow & maintain the Compass data platform.
- Identify, escalate, & help resolve change requests, customer-reported incidents, data quality issues, & data source outages affecting our products
- Receive, review, & internally action inbound notifications from data sources, alerts related to data quality metrics, & QA reports from third party partners
- Track, validate, & communicate the priority & status of relevant work in progress to address customer needs
- Coordinate across teams to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner, & that customers & other stakeholders are aware of the resolution status & timing
- Support geographic expansion efforts by proactively identifying data quality issues as we onboard new data sources
- Assist with the identification of product & process improvements to reduce the volume of data quality issues affecting our customers
What We Look For
- 1-4 years working in customer-facing data and/or software support roles
- Experience resolving system alerts & related escalations via a ticketing system such as Zendesk, Jira, Canny, or similar
- Track record of success in resolving data quality issues within large-scale data pipelines, ETL tools, REST APIs, & web/mobile products to improve the customer experience
- Excellent problem solving, communication, & collaboration skills
- Fast learning self-starters, who are technically skilled, open-minded, & willing to adapt to changing situations
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Operations Management, or equivalent preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.