Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Senior Data Engineer to join Caspers Data Engineering team as we continue building our data warehouse & platform capabilities. Our vision to be the worlds most-loved & largest sleep company is supported by leveraging data & insights to drive the business forward. Data Engineering provides the platform that enables Casper to efficiently produce, manage & consume high quality data.
As an engineer, you will support the evolution of our data platform & analytics capabilities by driving how we process & model new data sets, develop/iterate on internal tooling & infrastructure, & support secure, scalable, & responsible data practices.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- You will develop data workflows to ingest, validate, & model data to support analytics & business operations needs
- Be accountable for technical delivery & work with your team & stakeholders on strategy & execution
- Collaborate with other engineers & product managers in solving interesting & challenging problems across our systems
- Advance modern, agile software development practices & help build a culture of great engineering & organizational practices
- Learn. Learn from the team & on your own what you might not know about data infrastructure, business operations, & open source tooling to make you a stronger asset to the team
Our dream candidate...
- You have the following technical capabilities, developed through at least 4 years of relevant work experience:
- Python & SQL expertise
- Experience working with data modeling (star schema) & validation
- dbt & Looker experience a plus
- MuleSoft or AWS Lambda experience a plus
- Cloud platform & containerization experience (we use EKS on AWS)
- Experience writing Spark ETL jobs a plus
- Collaborative, independent-thinking, & detail-oriented in how you approach projects
- You appreciate the business context that drives the need for data solutions & love working on projects to support those efforts
- You have experience delivering timely, high quality data products & models
- You have a proven engineering background with experience developing data workflows & a good operational understanding of data operations, including processing, storage, quality & management (ML & streaming infra a plus)
- You have experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders & helping them understand the trade-offs to different product & technical decisions
- You care deeply about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, & efficiency
Our Stack includes...
- AWS Redshift
- Postgres & Oracle databases
The syrup on your waffles...
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!