ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Growth Marketing team is a small group of fast-moving, data-driven, & creative thinkers who drive growth & engagement across all TheSkimms platforms & products. The Community & Retention Manager role will craft & support the experiences & drive retention of our most loyal community members.
The Community & Retention Manager will report into the VP, Growth Marketing. Were looking for an extraordinary community engagement & retention specialist with experience managing & supporting online communities as well as aligning content & communication strategies. This role will be responsible for helping drive our community participation & loyalty while partnering with key stakeholders to ideate & optimize new content, messaging, & incentive tactics. The ideal candidate is a digital-savvy & proactive problem-solver who is excited about delighting & retaining brand enthusiasts.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Develop & execute an ongoing programming & content plan for our community members on our platform -- including a robust content calendar & engagement moments across verticals.
- Engage with community members & respond to questions, comments & requests as our community moderator.
- Create & maintain long-term roadmaps for Skimm'bassador community that align to theSkimm's larger roadmap & our continued membership growth across our growing universe of products & services.
- Define & articulate guidelines, principles, expectations, goals & success metrics for the Skimmbassador community.
- Relay community feedback to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Monitor & evolve experience strategy based on observed behavior.
- Work closely with Brand, Growth, Social, PR, Product, Sales & other relevant stakeholders to stay updated on broad company initiatives & product changes.
- Devise & implement all community communications. Develop, manage & execute retention tactics for community members - working closely with Lifecycle Marketing team to develop & maintain automated emails & other communications as applicable to further engage community members & move them through the funnel.
- Own community metrics, analyzing & reporting on key performance indicators - including emails & other communications, identifying & communicating trends to the broader team, & finding opportunities for improvement.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 5+ years of hands-on experience managing online communities.
- Experience moderating real-time community forums & events as well as growing a diverse & engaged community, with empathy towards multiple or alternative viewpoints, experiences, & motivations or priorities.
- Embody & imbue the values of the community to help us achieve our mission & foster community spirit.
- Excellent judgement & decision-making capability, including knowing when to escalate & how to prioritize.
- Exceptional written & verbal & verbal communication - can effectively own brand voice in all communications.
- Experience or interest in email and/or digital marketing.
- A passion for theSkimm brand & products.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.