Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet & healthcare investors in the world & is rapidly expanding across the country.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & have a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
- As a Senior Front End Engineer at Capsule, you will be responsible for building features & user interfaces that enable a seamless customer experience. You will work closely with the logistics & operations teams to design & develop software to enable them to deliver medication precisely & efficiently. You will work closely with pharmacists to design & develop software that enables them to scale up the number of prescriptions they are able to safely & efficiently fill, making free same-day delivery of medication available to more & more people.
What Youll Do:
- Implement the features & user interfaces of Capsules applications targeting diverse categories of end users including: pharmacists, logistics personnel, product/business-operations, customer service agents, & patients.
- Architect efficient & reusable front end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Identify & resolve performance & scalability issues.
- Learn new languages & frameworks & contribute code to other layers of our stack.
- You have a thorough understanding of React & Redux & their core principles, & how to deliver a great mobile web application experience.
- You have 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts such as layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, & accessibility.
- You have 3+ years experience with browser APIs & optimizing front end performance.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates & you give & get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better & be successful.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.