Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful & financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, & merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational & macroeconomics, VCA solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The VCA Australia, NZ & South Pacific team sits within the VCA Asia Pacific consulting practice, applying deep expertise in the payments industry to assist clients with their key priorities, drive business growth & improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of advisory consulting services & advanced solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as marketing, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments & risk.
VCA is involved in the most strategic issues facing our clients in the region. The Manager role is a new role & reflects the increasing demand for VCA services by our clients. Based in Auckland, the manager will report to the lead Consulting Director in New Zealand to support projects across New Zealand & the South Pacific.
The Manager, Visa Consulting & Analytics will work on consulting engagements for Visa clients in Visa's New Zealand & South Pacific region, enabling portfolio growth & improved profitability in clients' payment card businesses.
Typically 2-4 months in duration & running in parallel, potential projects could include portfolio management diagnostics, assessments of digital product & marketing strategies, product design & launch, development of industry landscape evaluations & best practices, & optimization of client customer experience & supporting processes.
Working with the Consulting Director, the Manager will be responsible for significant components of client engagements, & in some cases end to end delivery of client engagements. Typically, this will involve the Manager interacting with the client team, gathering & managing project inputs, analyzing data to form conclusions & recommendations, developing & presenting compelling project reports & working with clients on executing recommendations. The full range of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Prepare client proposals & project plans, identifying dependencies, roles & responsibilities, scope & deliverables
- Ensure project engagements remain on track, utilizing governance frameworks & mitigating / resolving complex problems that emerge during engagements
- Prepare project materials including interview guides, data requirements, concepts, frameworks
- Undertake client interviewing, collecting & analyzing inputs such as client information, data, processes, policies, competitive & environmental information
- Conduct industry research, drawing on Visa & partner resources as well as colleagues to identify global best practices & distill insights relevant to the client problem at hand
- Create, develop & maintain models, contribute to IP creation & standardised VCA offerings
- Continuously build knowledge, surfacing new insights & producing thought leadership pieces that contribute to practice development
- Identify solutions & recommendations that address client objectives & result in performance improvement
- Create compelling presentations to illustrate findings, ideas, recommendations within consulting engagements & more broadly
- Recommend approaches to clients, providing guidance & at times physically supporting implementation at the client site
- Collaborate with local client relationship managers /other functional teams to gain insights & support client engagement & execution
The Ideal Candidate
Having already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry & keen to work alongside an experienced team in gaining a deeper understanding. You will be client driven, comfortable managing a project end to end & relishing the opportunity to work closely with clients to influence their future performance.
Specific skills & experience you will bring are:
- Relevant experience in consulting, corporate strategy, or business management
- Superior analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor
- Strong team orientation, collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible, able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral & written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple projects concurrently
- Experience in & passion for the power of analytics to inform & drive strategy & tactics, & proven ability to generate insights from data
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
- Strong detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
In addition, you will ideally bring the following:
- Consulting experience with good project management skills
- Exposure to customer experience design (using human centered design / design thinking)
- An understanding of statistical analysis, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.
- Strong undergraduate academic accomplishment
- Willingness to travel (20%)
Visa Consulting & Analytics, & the greater Visa organization is a truly global company that consists of employees from a wide variety of cultures, countries, & skill sets. The Visa culture is driven by the Visa Leadership Principles. By being a part of the Visa organization, you will have significant exposure to the diversity of people, cultures, & knowledge which will offer strong personal growth as well as professional growth