At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
The Finance team wears many hats as analysts, strategists, forecasters & liaisons to Wall Street. Whether its providing analysis to support business decisions, managing the financial needs of an innovation-focused organization, or partnering across the company to drive results, our passion is providing the analytical horsepower & funding to support OnDecks strategic plan. Were results focused, but love our jobs & are always having fun & we like it that way.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to start your career at OnDeck. The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team acts as a strategic partner to the business, helping drive growth & optimal financial outcomes. The Analyst on the FP&A team will play a vital role in assisting with the companys short-term & long-term financial forecasting, process optimization & key strategic initiatives. This role requires a highly motivated professional who is excited to make a significant impact & is comfortable working with senior leaders & cross functional teams. This is a highly visible role & will be a key asset in the future growth of the company.
As a member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, you will:
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional business partners to compile the monthly forecast by updating financial models with an integrated set of assumptions, financial statements & metrics.
- Analyze finance performance & share analysis versus prior forecast & actual results for key financial metrics & business drivers. This includes driving the completion of monthly management reporting packages to the leadership team & quarterly board presentations.
- Assist in streamlining processes, automating financial models & updating internal controls to reduce cycle time for key financial processes in a fast pace environment.
- Provide financial modeling & analysis to support strategic initiatives & ad-hoc projects.
- Partner with business leaders on executing key priorities related to managing operating expenses & real estate projects.
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelors Degree in finance, accounting or economics
- 2-3 years of professional experience within a corporate finance (FP&A) function, investment banking or strategic finance role
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Must be highly motivated & self-driven with the ability to move projects forward independently
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to achieve consist timely & accurate output
- High-energy, relationship-focused & ability to work well in collaborative environment
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, creative spirit
- Excellent time management skills / ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- A desire to grow professionally & drive to succeed
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing & thriving enterprises. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, were reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble & strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each & every team member plays an important role in our companys success. Thats why we strive to provide you & your family with a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**