Kabbage is blazing a trail in big data & FinTech & we are looking for Head of Fraud to join the Risk Leadership Team as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. Fully automated & deeply connected with its 185,000+ customers, Kabbage provides access to funding in minutes, extends more than $10 million every day to small businesses, & powers borrowing experiences for some of the largest companies in the world. While we've received numerous awards & recognitionsuch as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, Glassdoors Best Places to Work, & Forbes FinTech 50it is our people, our culture, & our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, & do their best work. Our commitment to diversity & inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, & our customers. We are fully focused on equality & believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin & all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
This risk management team is responsible for managing the credit & fraud risk during the customer lifecycle starting from underwriting & moving through account management & into collections. You will be responsible for working on various risk projects but focused on mitigating fraud.
What youll be doing:
Some of the responsibilities including the following:
- Spearheading the fraud strategy across the organization
- Develop & manage the fraud policy, procedures & reports to ensure they are well defined & communicated.
- Identify gaps & opportunities in the current fraud processes
- Lead a high performing & driven global team
- Managing external partners & vendors who facilitate the fraud process at Kabbage
- Partner with internal stakeholders to align & drive the fraud strategy throughout the organization
- Formulate a fraud plan for new & upcoming product launches while ensuring a strong growth trajectory of the organization
- Research fraud trends in the industry & develop solutions to manage risk
- Identify, research & onboard strategic third parties who can assist with fraud identification
- Create the next stage of innovation for fraud assessment through analytics, new capabilities & test-and-learn strategies
- Balance fraud strategies with customer experience
- Ensure flawless & efficient execution of policies through effective partnership with technologies team
- Oversee fraud reporting to monitor the effectiveness of strategies
- Partnering with leaders & business partners to generate innovative ideas for future growth
- Collaborate across Risk Management to align strategies across the customer lifecycle
- Partner with Customer Service, Collections & Platform Ops teams to design & implement seamless strategies
- Support the effectiveness of business area risk management programs through strong engagement & deep relationship with Kabbage Partners
- Strong background in risk management specifically in managing fraud
- Experience managing a high performing team & driving results
- Strategic thought leader with a focus on process innovation
- Ability to drive results in a fast-paced organization
- Analytical skillset & a rigorous, data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Ability to quickly execute with limited information
- Curious mindset; growth-mindset; ability to quickly pivot, & keen attention to detail
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively
- Effective communication skills clear, structured, & articulate
- High energy, a can-do attitude & a demonstrated team-first mentality
- [Preferred] Advanced degree in statistics, econometrics, operations research, mathematics, data science, engineering, or a related quantitative field of study
- [Preferred] Understanding of small business lending and/or credit card industry
What we're looking for in you:
- Strong analytical skillset & a rigorous, data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to quickly execute with limited information.
- Curious mindset; growth-mindset; ability to quickly pivot, & keen attention to detail.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively.
- Effective communication skills clear, structured, & articulate.
- High energy, a can-do attitude & a demonstrated team-first mentality.
- Experience in risk management, fraud, lending or core credit risk management function.
- Strategic thought leadership with a focus on process innovation.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantageour way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, & exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, & onsite fitness classes.
While our perks & benefits are generous, the people areactuallywhat make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, & resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, & problem solvers. And we dont do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low ego individuals who work hard to communicate effectively & work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating & separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.