Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Manager to join our National Market P+L team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so
The vendor / ancillary team is responsible for managing the business economics of key clinical categories at Oscar (e.g. dialysis, DME). The team is responsible for developing & managing a set of national vendor/provider relationships & for Oscars overall strategic approach to network management in across key categories. The team strives to construct & continuously improve Oscars provider agreements, infrastructure, & relationships to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, partner quality goals, & financial interests are reflected in our partnerships. We are expected to be subject matter experts in the categories we manage & serve as a resource for our P&L regional teams & other functional areas at Oscar.
You will report to our Senior Manager, Vendor Partnerships.
In this role on the vendor / ancillary partners team, you will:
- Be the clinical category (including key partner) expert for your service categories (e.g. DME, dialysis, etc.). Be audible ready on the industry dynamics, network construction, competitive landscape, contract terms (e.g. exclusivity), regulatory mandates, etc & how these aspects impact our overall growth, profitability, & risk for your categories
- Develop a strategic vision for the clinical categories you own & identify new opportunities to improve Oscars approach to care & overall cost position
- Develop processes to guide our team in creating a more scalable approach to ancillary partner management
- Analyze & assess quantitative & qualitative data to build & execute on initiatives & opportunities to improve the growth, profitability, & risk of your vendors, provider partners & the overall clinical categories, (e.g end to end owner of a key clinical area, expansion & negotiation opportunities, harvest strategies, utilization management initiatives, etc)
- Partner with internal teams such as Strategy, Finance, Analytics, Value Capture, Care Management, Government Affairs, Product, Concierge, & other regional teams to drive results for key Oscar initiatives related to key clinical categories
- Help ensure network adequacy for key clinical categories through close contracting partnership with legal & strategy teams
- Own the face-off-strategy relationships with vendor & provider partners, be accountable for managing the relationship, optimizing the contract / partnership, monitoring costs , & serve as the point of escalation for P&L responsibilities (contract negotiations / renegotiations, etc)
- Expected Travel: 10%
Must-have qualifications & expertise include:
- A bachelors degree
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Cross-team collaboration skills to drive a wide range of large initiatives across many stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes & workflows while prioritizing high value tasks
- Independent, structured & critical thinking skills
- Eagerness to build towards operational efficiency, even if that means changing the status quo. Qualitative & quantitative operational data & reports
- ACA marketplace, healthcare industry, quality of care, & population health experience a plus
- People management a plus
In this role, you will make a big (positive) difference if you:
- Are excited by the challenges of a constantly evolving, high-growth start-up that will require you to build the tools & processes you need to do your job well
- Experience in management consulting, market research, or similar roles
- Experience in a healthcare contract negotiations
- Enjoy managing complex processes & are comfortable with shifting priorities & deadlines
- Have strong analytical skills
- Have a strong sense of urgency & ownership, a bias for action, & thrive in fast paced environments
- Have excellent verbal & written communication skills, & enjoy the opportunity to present to internal & external leadership
- Have experience interfacing with technical teams
- A high degree of comfort with Microsoft Office & Google Suite, & Slack
- SQL experience a plus
- MBA or MPH a plus
- Have a passion to refactor healthcare
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policyhere.