Managed Care Executive
We are searching for a Managed Care Executive to further enable access of our services & products to everyone in everyday care. This role requires a strong background in healthcare sales, preferably with Managed Care and/or Health Plan Organizations.
This position will be responsible for procuring contracts & drive medical coverage initiatives. The position will require the ability to analyze customer needs, develop solutions & gain buy-in throughout large & heavily matrixed organizations.
You will work closely with senior leadership & will collaborate with our clinical, product commercial & operations teams to grow new partnerships for Genome Medical. You will be responsible for achieving key performance metrics focused on adoption & revenue targets & have a unique opportunity to change how healthcare is being delivered in the United States.
- Create & execute on a comprehensive managed care strategy while continuing to identify market needs, refine our value proposition, & improve reimbursement.
- Utilize data to determine strategic targets & approach to market.
- Proactively call on healthcare decision-makers to develop & foster relationships within targeted accounts.
- Consistently generate short-term results while maintaining long-term perspective to maximize results within each strategic account.
- Advocate reimbursement trends to ensure the best coverage-coding-payment combination
- Lead the deal negotiation & agreement structuring & liaise with appropriate internal & external partners in the process.
- Focus on patient pull through with collaboration cross-functionally with Clinical, Customer Success & Product teams to support other channels.
- Work collaboratively to support implementation to reach or exceed annual key performance indicators, including covered lives, average contracted price, patient volume, etc.
- Provide ongoing relationship management & development to maximize partnership engagement & revenue realization.
- Oversee the timely submissions & processing of credentialing applications.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- 8+ years of sales or business development experience selling services to large commercial payors, managed care organizations or extensive experience working in health plan contracting.
- Track record in building & maintaining long-term relationships with partners
- Superb executive presence with target organizations & executives
- Effectively interface & influence with all levels of an internal organization & external organizations (executive, clinical, administrative, laboratory, etc.)
- Results-oriented & influential; possesses the ability to develop, motivate & lead teams of cross-functional resources
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong financial acumen: delivering business results in a commercial environment; budgeting; financial planning & reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills; including strong written, verbal & presentational communication skills
- Commitment to Genome Medicals vision & mission
- Travel up to 50%
Nice to have:
- Experience selling complex solutions & services into large, highly matrix organizations
- Existing relationships with key decision makers at leading health plans Knowledge of precision medicine and/or genomic medicine discipline/population health management solution.
About Genome Medical:
Genome Medical is a network of clinical genomics experts using telemedicine to bring genetics to everyday life. Our mission is to provide expert genetic healthcare for individuals & their families to improve health & well being.
Founded by personalized medicine pioneers Dr. Randy Scott, Dr. Robert Green, & Lisa Alderson, our goal is to bridge the growing gap between available genome technology & current medical practice. As genetic information becomes increasingly important in medicine, there are too few experts to meet the growing demand for interpretation. We are addressing this challenge by creating a scalable, efficient model for lifelong genome-centered health care. To learn more, please visit www.genomemedical.com or find us @GenomeMed on Twitter.
Genome Medical is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.