CIC is looking for a highly capable, self-directed individual who will report to the Finance Team. This is a great opportunity for someone who has hands-on experience with various facets of payroll, benefit management, & human resources, & who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
CIC is a global leader in building & operating innovation communities. Founded in 1999 in Cambridge, MA, CIC is one of the first companies to offer flexible office space & coworking options, providing a platform for the world's most impactful entrepreneurs to innovate better & faster.
We have locations in Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, Warsaw, & Tokyo & are growing into other cities, within the US & abroad. CIC has supported over 6,000 startups, growth companies, & branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, & non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries.
CIC co-founded a number of mission-aligned organizations including Venture Caf, CIC's primary non-profit programming partner, & CIC Health, offering COVID-19 testing services to companies & the public.
We invite you to explore all our openings & learn more about our teams here
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
This position supports the Finance Team, & a great deal of the work will be independent & focused on administrative support. Additionally, some of the work will require coordination & collaboration with many individual CIC staff members.
Potential responsibilities may include:
• Maintain CIC's US payroll function by collecting, calculating, & entering data, including timecard management, & updates of payroll records (e.g., entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles & department/division transfers), ensuring compliance with labor regulations
• Help with bookkeeping of payroll & benefit data in the accounting software, supporting Finance with payroll reporting & analysis
• Manage our company's paid time off (PTO) system for all employees, including, but not limited to, tracking employee vacation & sick time, creating PTO Trackers”, & reconciling accruals
• Liaise with payroll provider on a variety of processes we administer in coordination with payroll provider (including benefits, payroll, PTO, etc.)
• Assist in administering many aspects of our human resources information system, Namely, as it relates to promotions, transitions, onboarding & offboarding
• 401k Plan administration with Fidelity
• Provide an internal resource for staff for payroll, benefit, & some HR inquiries
• Foster employee confidence through ongoing safeguarding of personal information & maintaining confidentiality of employee discussions & correspondence
• Own or assist with various administrative aspects of the employee transition processes (onboarding, transitions between roles, & offboarding/terminations), working with both the Finance & Talent Development teams
• Provide support & assist with general administration for the Talent Development & Finance teams on a variety of other human resources administrative projects as their needs change & as both teams grow
• Implement & maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency & consult with the Talent Development team to improve payroll & HRIS processes
If you are an articulate, ethical individual who is highly organized, detail-focused, & interested in a career path in payroll administration and/or human resources, this might be the perfect fit. If you like to work hard but have fun while doing it, you'll definitely enjoy the work culture at CIC!
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
• Self-motivated with the desire to learn all aspects of our business from the ground up
• Personable & naturally enjoys helping others
• Detail oriented, extremely thorough, & well organized, with solid time management skills
• Possesses a high degree of integrity & discretion: this role will have access to sensitive, private data, such as compensation information, performance review feedback, & other personal information
• Takes ownership of tasks & follows them through to completion
• A true team player with the capacity to foster & maintain positive working relationships with individuals from a variety of backgrounds & experience levels, treating everyone as an equal
• Brings a fresh perspective & new ideas to everything
• Communicates professionally & effectively, both verbally & in writing, with team members & other staff members.
• Able to weigh priorities for all relevant teams & have the critical mindset to evaluate overall priorities for the organization
• Ability & desire to identify & present potential ways to increase systems efficiency & effectiveness
• Bachelor's degree, training, or equivalent experience
• Five years of professional experience administering payroll & benefit systems, accounting of payroll, & preparing reports in Excel
• An interest in a long-term role. We are a growing company, & we like to hire people who can grow with us over the years.
As of August 2021, a condition of employment for all new CIC employees in Massachusetts is full COVID-19 vaccination. More details will be shared during the interview process & we can answer questions at that point if you have any.
If you don't meet all the requirements or qualifications but bring some other unique skills & experience that would be valuable in this role, please apply & highlight those attributes for us in your cover letter.
• Starting compensation is commensurate with experience.
• 100% company paid premium healthcare & dental benefits.
• 100% company paid long & short-term disability, & life insurance.
• 401k (must be 21+).
• Three weeks of vacation (more with seniority) plus thirteen holidays from the start.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy & supported.
Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space
. We pride ourselves on finding driven & bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn & develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
• Access to a nursing room, secure bicycle parking, a maker space, a gym, shower rooms with towels, & discounted services & memberships on tools to make your life happier/healthier such as gym memberships, tech & design support, hotel stays, & other fantastic options.
• Central location. CIC Cambridge is a stone's throw from the Kendall Square MBTA Red Line stop. CIC Boston is centrally located in downtown Boston & is within walking distance to the Blue, Green, Orange, & Red line.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer & consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.