About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is expanding our Engineering team. The Engineering team focuses on architecting, developing, & delivering highly scalable & innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business & our customers.
Daily Harvest seeks a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing QA team to help build the platform that enables us to take care of food. As a member of our engineering organization, youll be part of a team that ensures the quality of our software platform. Youll work with software developers, DevOps engineers, & QA Analysts to continue building upon our comprehensive automated test suite. Youll be joining a team of talented & highly motivated engineers who enjoy working together.
What youll do:
- Test new features before they are released, working closely with software engineers to ensure quality
- Document test failures & quickly route them to the appropriate parties
- Liaise with internal teams to identify software system requirements
- Collaborate on detailed, comprehensive, & well-structured software test plans & test cases.
- Contribute to our existing Python-based Selenium automated test suite.
- Ensure that automated test coverage is prioritized for the most critical features of the system.
- Work with QA Engineers & QA management to continuously refine the testing strategy & QA processes
- Partner with Engineering & Product to define quality goals. Implement measurements to ensure goals are met
- Select & implement tools & frameworks that further the QA strategy, with an emphasis on QA automation
- Design test cases, test scripts, & validation processes based on the system requirements & functional specifications for the integrated environments
- Reproduce, triage, & manage incoming bug reports
Who you are:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years industry experience in Quality Assurance automation
- Experience in a software QA organization with a focus on automated testing in a variety of domains (distributed software hosted on a public cloud, business workflows, services & APIs, databases)
- Experience using tools such as Selenium for testing web-based applications using a modern programming language, preferably Python
- Familiarity with Python unit test frameworks (e.g. pytest)
- Experience with GUI independent API testing (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Experience with any of the following: Katalon, Assertible, Postman, Insomnia, JMeter or similar tools
- Knowledge of working with & testing databases & SQL
- Experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Manual Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies, etc.
- Experience building & maintaining cross-functional automation frameworks
- Dedication to quality with a positive, collaborative attitude & approach to testing
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, low-structure, constantly changing atmosphere & prioritizing work appropriately
- Team player, interpersonal, analytical, & problem-solving skills
- Strong QA project leadership experience
- Working knowledge of Windows & macOS, all major web browsers, & iOS & Android mobile devices. Linux knowledge is a plus
- Previous e-commerce experience preferred
- Experience working with CI/CD a plus
- Experience with Agile software development & JIRA a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex business processes in order to better inform test development & execution systems
- Demonstrated ability to achieve proficiency in new technologies & tools
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.