BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced Talent Booker, to secure access to a range of talent including social influencers, thought-leaders, & celebrity talent for our content teams. This role will serve as a key partner between BuzzFeed producers, writer, editors, & creatives helping establish celebrity-driven formats & strategize about how to best use celebrity-driven content across BuzzFeeds ecosystem. The role will require a deep knowledge of celebrity culture & entertainment to pitch content that feature celebrities, influencers, & external talent. The ideal candidate should be a strong collaborator, creative problem solver, & have an extensive rolodex of contacts within the entertainment community.
- Represent BuzzFeed in the talent community, growing & maintaining relationships with talent & their representation.
- Strategize quarterly outreach for celebrity talent to expand BuzzFeeds overall presence in the celebrity space.
- Oversee high-profile celebrity shoots & ensure all parties are satisfied with the outcome while being physically present on set.
- Source celebrity & influencer talent across all platforms (photo, video, & social activations) for all BuzzFeed brands.
- Create & maintain rosters of preferred talent, to facilitate talent requests.
- Collaborate with producers & editors on talent-driven ideas for content, maintaining the popularity of BuzzFeed's popular celebrity formats while also experimenting with new & innovative formats that can further BuzzFeed's presence in the entertainment & lifestyle space.
- Identify emerging talent across all content verticals, & have a finger on the pulse on the ever-evolving influencer & social media landscape.
- Grow & expand the way that the talent community currently thinks of the BuzzFeed brand, & the ways in which they are willing to be integrated into BuzzFeed's channels & content.
- 1-2 years experience in talent booking.
- Possesses the communication abilities to create a network of relationships across the talent community (managers, publicists, labels, studios, networks, etc.).
- Encyclopedic knowledge of celebrities & influencers across entertainment & lifestyle space, including digital-specific talent such as influencers, YouTubers, & high-profile creators on various social platforms.
- Strategic & creative thinker.
- Can internally communicate ideas to producers for celebrity interviews, & facilitate a creative environment to iterate off of existing ones.
- Up to date on trends, celebrity, entertainment, & industry news.
- Detail-oriented, able to work well under pressure, & adhere to fast & changing deadlines.
- Must possess excellent verbal & written communication & organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage relationships in a professional setting.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.