Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
As the tax accountant at Rent the Runway, you will play a key role on our growing Tax team during this exciting period of high growth & process transformation. Reporting to the VP, Tax, you will have an exciting opportunity to continue to learn & grow as a tax professional as you will be assisting with key aspects of a fast-paced, extremely successful & high energy company.
What Youll Do:
- Assist with tax compliance across multiple tax types such as income, franchise, sales & use, & VAT in federal, state, & foreign jurisdictions, including identifying gaps & establishing processes to meet compliance obligations;
- Assist with the collection, analysis, & review of financial data used to support planning, research, projections, compliance, & audits by various tax authorities regarding the following tax types income, franchise, sales & use, & VAT;
- Assist in reviewing federal, state, & foreign income tax returns, sales & use tax returns, VAT returns, & other business-related filings prepared by outside advisors;
- Assist with investigating & resolving any tax authority notifications for income, franchise, sales, & use for both domestic & international jurisdictions;
- Assist with sales & use tax audits;
- Work with 3rd party vendors & internal counterparts on various system-related issues;
- Support cross-functional team with internal controls development; and
- Assist with the implementation of OneSource Tax Provision, & other system implementations or changes that are required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting and/or Tax. CPA certification and/or a Masters degree a plus;
- Solid understanding of ASC 740 principles & relevant financial reporting requirements
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills;
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of public accounting & corporate tax experience;
- Proficient with MS Excel and, MS Word;
- Ability to work with different applications & databases; experience with Dynamics 365, OneSource Tax Provision, and/or OneSource Tax Determination, a plus;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced & evolving environment with competing & sometimes shifting priorities; and
- Energized by working on a wide variety of projects.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.