Email Marketing Specialist
MakeSpace is looking for aEmail Marketing Specialistto help revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. With our full-service experience, forward-thinking tech, & easy-to-use app, were making space more accessible to everyone. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 24 cities across North America (and counting).
Were looking for a talentedEmail Marketing Specialistto join theMarketingteam. Reporting to theSVP, Marketing, you will manage all tactical email marketing functions, including content calendar, measurement, & forecasting. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of how to leverage email marketing campaigns to acquire & retain customers. This role is based in our HQ in New Yorks Financial District.
- Champion continuous advancement of our email features & capabilities including targeting, personalization, & template development.
- Conduct analysis of results & develop test plans to continuously improve email performance.
- Stay current with best practices, strategies, & industry standards related to email.
- Purge non-deliverable email addresses & opt-outs, follow up on interested respondents, review messages for brevity while proofreading all emails for clarity, grammar & spelling.
- Create scoring models, such as: Engagement, Inactivity, Loyalty & such while reporting against their effectiveness.
- Execute data-driven, dynamic email campaigns & deliver highly-targeted marketing campaigns, lifecycle emails, retention/reactivation programs, & loyalty building communications.
- Lead email marketing initiatives including continual optimization of email marketing strategy, platform & related processes to retain & monetize existing campaigns.
- Define, adjust, & execute high-touch communication strategies for key segments at all lifecycle stages.
- Deliver reporting & insight that accurately & appropriately measures the performance of each email campaign on a daily, weekly, monthly, & annual basis.
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, & content used in our email sends.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement & website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Work to minimize list decay & unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends.
- Ensure email messages are properly constructed to adhere to industry best practices.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience using & editing HTML & using SQL & similar queries to analyze data
- Experience with Zendesk Connect, or similar email platforms
- Experience in setting up automated marketing communications
- Experience in audience segmentation & targeting
- Highly analytical & able to dive deep into metrics & reporting & derive meaning from data through A/B testing & email optimization
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms & processes
- History of managing & driving results via email campaigns
- Extremely detail-oriented, data-focused, advanced Excel skills, & database analysis
- Hustle is essential, you move quickly & execute to allow for continual iteration
- Proficiency with multiple analytics & database tools common within a marketing organization (e.g., MixPanel, Google Analytics, Rockerbox) preferred
- A competitive base salary & a 401(k) with matching
- A competitive base salary
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch on Wednesdays, unlimited snacks, beer on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your closet
- Beautiful office in Lower Manhattan with massive outdoor spaces for lunch, work, & play :)
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.