At Squarespace, we make beautiful tools to help people with creative ideas succeed. UX Researchers work with product owners across our product lineup to guide the direction & influence of research - staying involved with the product teams & training their colleagues as needed to maximize their understanding of & act upon customer needs.
We are trying to find a strategic-minded Senior UX Researcher to help us identify & explore new opportunities, & help design new products. You'll study our user base of approximately two million entrepreneurs, artists, & creative professionals, who inspire us every day.
You are a capable researcher, with diverse & deep experience, blending methods to tell a complete picture of our customers. Our research is mostly qualitative, but wed love someone to expand our toolkit with quantitative research skills.
You will report directly to the head of the Research team in New York.
- Partner with a major area of the business to identify opportunities, influence roadmaps, & ensure that the products we ship add meaningful value to both the user & the business
- Lead & conduct compelling user research ranging in scale from feature releases to concept explorations
- Build & nurture partnerships with product managers, designers, data scientists, & engineers
- Mentor colleagues across the company in conducting customer research, from guerrilla to formalized
- Advocate for research within the organization & find compelling ways to illustrate your research findings through storytelling
- Experience researching the entire customer experience & experienced in both qualitative & quantitative methods
- 4+ years experience in user research
- BA/BS (or equivalent practical experience) in HCI, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology or other related fields. Advanced degree preferred
- Broad understanding of UX research methods, & experience with when & how to apply different methods
- Experience creating & sharing compelling stories from data, & building relationships across interdisciplinary partners
- Experience identifying, asking & answering questions that inspire product change
- A genuine passion for finely-crafted user experiences that are both elegant & usable
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.