Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Do you want to make a direct impact on the experience of customers?
As a Frontend Developer on Pay Team, you will build an intuitive & comprehensive frontend that allows Sellers to provide goods & services through Tradeshift network. We maintain & expand apps & services that enable our customers to enroll larger volumes of invoices in electronic format, in order for them to obtain a higher degree of digitalization & discounts options.
We care about our customers. You will have a focus on craftsmanship, with an emphasis on usability & great user experience. High performance & responsive UI are part of your default mindset. You will be working on building the next generation apps for creating & viewing documents as well as bringing direct value to all of our users. We care about our people. You will have a manager & a team helping you grow, amazing company culture & perks. More on that later!
What a day is like:
Your typical day will be a mix of fully concentrating on delivering high quality coding with insightful discussions with UX specialists, Backend Engineers, Product Managers & fellow Frontend Engineers. You will be working on replacing legacy apps with new, React based apps. Our architecture is built on microservices, & you will have direct contact with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS & modern software development practices.
You're perfect for this role if you:
You are passionate about the impact of your work, are excited to learn new technologies, & are willing to dive into unknown territories. You are inclined towards software engineering best practices, pragmatic solutions, & are proud to own the quality of your deliverables. Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc, is a plus.
You also have:
- 3+ years of professional experience with React
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Groovy, Grails is a plus
- Can write high quality code & unit tests
Our Bucharest office is full of rebels - people who like to challenge the status quo. We're a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact & we enjoy the freedom & autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup, & agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career & professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with & learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday & Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly & relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations & more!