About This Role
We are looking for experienced & passionate software engineers that thrive in small, focused & highly collaborative teams. You will be working closely with the Product, Design & engineering teams to not only develop, but also help define & execute on projects. Strong communication skills & a desire to be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle are a must. Strong problem solving skills, thinking outside the box & dealing with ambiguity are skills that we value. Our technology stack is primarily Java/Spring, Ruby/Rails, Node.js, Angular, React, Vue, iOS, Android but we are not dogmatic about it.
You will be working with a team of passionate & motivated engineers in solving some of the most interesting & challenging problems. In our Shanghai office, there are many cross functional teams that are mission based & driven by well defined success metrics. You could help build solutions that connect our members to other members socially & professionally & help build their network. You could be working on an application that uses internet of things (IOT), facial recognition & hardware integrations to connect our members with our beautifully designed spaces in a way that makes them the most productive. There are teams that work on our sales pipeline & billing platforms - you could help improve our lead generation/ conversion by building smart systems & interfaces that recommend the right building to a potential member; you could work on integrating the billing platform with Alipay, wechat pay etc.
- You are fluent in one or more backend languages (Java, Ruby, Node, etc), with experience in Ruby a plus, & stay up-to-date on best practices.
- You try to future-proof everything you create by minimizing built-in assumptions, & writing tests where appropriate
- You write DRY code
- You advocate the use of MVC, templating, ORMs, & other techniques to save time & headaches
- 5+ years of professional work experience in backend software development.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Professional experience with three or more from the following: consumer APIs, distributed & parallel systems, networking, aggregation services, message queues, performance tuning, database optimization, DevOps, infrastructure, automated testing.
- You want to work in a small, agile team
- You mentor other developers when needed
- You work hard & dont need much oversight
- You like variety in your projects
- You want to be proud of what you do at your job
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.