BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, detail-oriented person to serve as a project-based Community Editor in our New York office. You will edit & feature user-generated content for the site & form working relationships with our Community Contributors.
This is an ideal position for you, if you would like a chance to work with an active online community. You're a self-professed "grammar snob" with meticulous attention to detail, comfortable in a dynamic environment. This role is primarily an editing role but with opportunities to write.
This is a three-month project-based role, with the potential to extend. This role may require a five-day workweek with availability both Saturday & Sunday. Please indicate your weekend availability when you apply.
- Review, edit, & promote user-generated posts
- Escalate flagged posts to Community Editors
- Help identify formats/frames/trends coming from the Community
- Communicate clearly & positively with BuzzFeeds Community users
- 1+ years of professional writing & editing experience, ideally within the digital media or publishing space
- Excellent organizational skills & ability to coordinate & strategize effectively with other Community Editors
- Proven interest in & knowledge of social media & digital publishing
- Ability to thrive & be highly effective & thorough in a fast-paced & fluid environment
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology & content that helps connect people all over the world.