Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
Who were looking for:
As a Senior Recruiter, you will develop search strategies & lead engagements to position Skillz for success today & well into the future. You will have the drive, motivation & passion to disrupt the talent landscape & deliver incredible customer & candidate experience. You will find, interview & evaluate talent to align with Skillz Leadership hiring needs within the Skillz Revenue departments (Marketing, Creative, Business Development, Player Relations, Sales & Content).
What you'll do:
- Help identify, source & screen candidates for the Revenue hiring needs
- Utilize recruiting tools & social media platforms to identify talent for leadership requirements
- Help manage candidate flow through our in-house tracking systems. (Familiarity Greenhouse is a plus)
- Work directly with the Leadership & above hiring managers to help qualify & fill strategic leadership staffing needs
- Produce detailed reporting around recruiting metrics & industry benchmarks
- Provide a fast & diligent experience for every candidate from the application stage to the on-boarding process
- Participate in daily meetings to discuss top priority jobs & current candidate pipelines
- 8+ years of full cycle recruiting experience (ideally 5 years specifically recruiting Corporate Marketing roles.)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with an ability to build relationships with both internal members at Skillz, as well as external candidates being recruited into the organization
- Ability to partner with HR as well as senior management to draw up job descriptions, negotiate & close offers
- Experience recruiting in a fast-paced environment, preferably a start-up
- Agency recruiting experience (a mix of agency & corporate would be ideal)
- Ability to prioritize tasks & projects in an agile environment
- Ability to pick up new systems & technology quickly if you dont know it already (e.g., google docs, google drive, applicant tracking systems)
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.