Were looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is passionate about the engineering side of Data Science. You will be joining a new Data Science Operations team tasked with accelerating Data Science research & development through improved design & best practice adoption, as well as through tooling & processes.
You are a broad generalist. You enjoy collaborating with scientists to build software & to improve workflows. You appreciate all stages of data operations, from ingestion & transformation of data to use in statistical models & machine learning products. You will work primarily with data science teams to collaboratively build elegant, reusable domain-specific python libraries & services; & you will remove pain points & inefficiencies in development, feature creation, prototyping, & productionalization. You will also collaborate with Data Engineering & Data Platforms teams in pursuit of Data Science workflow improvements. You should excel in a culture of teaching & learning.
You will work in the Data Science department & report to the Manager of Data Science Operations in Squarespaces New York offices.
- Advise & enhance data science teams, focusing on software-related concern
- Design, develop, refactor, package, harden, & deploy software products
- Promote the use of internally built & externally sourced tools through presentation, documentation, & cross-team collaboration
- Develop tools & automate workflows
- Guide the Data Science Team's adoption of new software & frameworks
- Translate unstructured inefficiencies & pain points into concrete business & technical requirements
- Identify & implement development metrics & operational metrics; assist teams in setting & achieving goals to improve those metrics.
- Build data pipelines to make key datasets available to both data scientists & business intelligence analysts throughout the company
- 5 or more years of experience in a research software role, either as an engineer or a data scientist
- Experience working in a data science team with a strong engineering culture
- A deep love of python & of interfaces & boundaries
- Experience developing, maintaining, & deploying python services & packages
- Experience working with containerized services
- Preferred: experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Preferred: experience working with cloud service providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Preferred: experience building robust data pipelines
- Preferred: experience supporting business intelligence
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or logic-driven field
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.