At Warby Parker, weve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, & do good in the world. Now, were searching for a motivated IT Support Engineer to join our 70+ person Technology team to help take this mission to the next step.Our Technology Services team is all about figuring out why an issue exists, where its root cause lies, & how to implement a solution that allows people to self-solve in the future. (And weve seen success; as our company has grown, our incoming ticket count has decreased year over year.) In this role, you will use your technical savvy to tackle the same sort of questions, engineer even smarter solutions, & support our Help Desk for two offices, two optical labs, & 200+ retail stores. Project to project, working here is an exciting opportunity to build products & services at the intersection of medical devices, e-commerce, retail, & fashion. Our ideal candidate exhibits thoughtfulness, confidence, & expertise when deploying a solution at all endpoints in a short period of time. Theyre a big-picture thinker, which will help them oversee our fleet of roughly 4000 iOS, 700 macOS, 2000 ChromeOS, & 200 Windows devices. Most important: Theyre an empathetic team player who can work cross-functionally to understand other teams needs & collaborate with stakeholders to engineer solutions. If you're a motivated support engineer who takes your work seriouslybut not yourselfyou may be just what we're looking for. Read on!
What youll do:
- Support & manage our extensive SaaS catalog following SaaS Ops best practices
- Execute on assigned tasks to continuously improve our automated user lifecycle management & zero-touch landscape
- Based on trending requests, collaborate internally & cross-functionally; engineering long-term solutions to reduce the number of incoming tickets & repetitive requests.
- Work internally to enhance our tooling, providing a best-in-class customer experience.
- Manage, troubleshoot, resolve, & escalate requests to maintain high SLAs for resolution & response time
- Help improve our security posture by working cross-functionally with our Security Operations team
- Ensure business continuity by responding to, troubleshooting, & resolving internet outages at our retail locations
- Investigate & troubleshoot complex networking anomalies while contributing to continuous improvement
- Communicate complex technologies & systems in the form of notes, manuals, & walk-throughs for users with a range of technical experience
- Initiate project inception research & testing, & then connect with peers & senior team members to conceptualize & review your work
- Participate in a seven-day, on-call rotation for after-hours support
Who you are:
- Backed by 24 years of experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, or similar role
- Proficient in Jamf Pro & G Suite managementas well as Windows, Linux, macOS, & ChromeOS environments
- Able to diagnose & troubleshoot basic technical & networking issues using industry-standard tactics & methodologies
- Highly knowledgeable about computer systems, mobile devices, & other tech devices
- A clear, coherent communicator who can provide step-by-step technical help, both written & verbal
- Familiar with major PaaS providers
- A resilient problem-solver who can fail gracefully & recover quickly
- Not on the Office of Inspector Generals List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Proficiency in Windows management (specifically AD, MDM, & GPOs management)
- Cisco, Jamf, G Suite, & Microsoft certifications
- Knowledge of various network protocols: DNS, RADIUS, DHCP, OSPF, DMVPN, L2TP, IPSec, VPN, TCP/IP
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience & skills, qualifications & location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible to receive an equity bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details & eligibility will be discussed during the application process.