Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
As the Vice President of People, you will work with the People Strategy Leadership Team & executive leadership to deliver front-facing HR products & services in support of business objectives. In this role you will consult with senior stakeholders on strategy development & implementation, & change management needs in their respective areas. You will lead a team of People Partners (HR Business Partners) together with a team of HR generalists & operational administrators who are responsible for both front-end delivery in support of enterprise & functional people, organization & culture priorities, & back-end process excellence & improvement.
In this role you will not just lead from a distance, but work shoulder-to-shoulder with the People Partners in directly delivering solutions & interventions to customer business leaders.
What you'll do here:
- Collaborate with the People Strategy Leadership Team to design & deliver a progressive people roadmap which supports Mailchimps business strategy & growth potential.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to establish implementation & change management plans which allow strategy to be translated into action & results in customer departments so that specific measurable progress is made.
- Work with departments identify department-specific needs, bringing HR solutions to bear directly & through the People Partner team, as a player-coach.Drive the realization of Mailchimps People Department operating model which includes elevating the role of the strategic People Partner (HR Business Partner);continuous improvement & redesign of core people operations processes to make them simpler, smarter & faster and, in partnership with the People Data & Systems team, identification & deployment of technology to enable employee & manager self service while driving a customer experience mindset across the delivery of all products & services.
- Collaborate effectively with People Dept COEs to ensure new business needs are diagnosed accurately, solutions meet identified customer needs, & enterprise processes & change are implemented. effectively across departments.
- Ensure ongoing anticipation of, & compliance with, relevant employment laws & regulations across the organizations geographic footprint, working in partnership with the Legal Team. Ensure the sourcing, development,delivery & evaluation of mandatory training to enable compliance with employment laws & regulations.
- Ensure the effective investigation & resolution of employee complaints & grievances, delivering consistent, fair & equitable outcomes to the parties concerned.
- Drive the utilization of data, reporting & dashboards to enable effect tracking, transparency & stakeholder engagement.
- Collaborate with People Strategy Leadership Team members in making presentations to broader Mailchimp leadership & employees on issues relating to the overall People Roadmap & Culture Reset.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 15+ years of progressive broad-based HR experience in a range of industry sectors / environments, to include each of the following:
- generalist strategic human resources business partnering in a U.S. & global setting
- employee engagement, culture development, diversity, equity & inclusion
- talent management
- change management
- organizational design & effectiveness.
- You have exposure to HR transformation strategies & the design & delivery of high quality, progressive HR products & services and/or experience in process improvement, business process redesign, employee experience & technology-enablement/automation of HR processes.
- You have experience of ensuring diversity, equity & inclusion across all people processes & practices.
- You have knowledge & direct experience of working in a high growth, technology-focused environment.
- You are a strategic leader who can show a clear connection between action & vision.
- You have proven experience collaborating across organizations to achieve shared objectives. You have the ability to represent your own interests while being fair to others & their areas & you easily gain the trust & support of others.
- You are experienced in creating a sense of belonging & strong team morale, you share wins & reward team efforts while fostering open dialogue & collaboration.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in HR-related discipline. Masters Degree preferred.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.