At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger & the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives & with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development & operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level5, you will have the opportunity to develop & deploy tomorrows hardware & software solutions & thereby revolutionize transportation.
We are seeking an experienced leader to own System Validation, Test & Product Release for our AV fleet system. The system validation problem is one of the largest challenges in deploying AV at scale & Lyft & Level 5 have unique opportunities to lead the industry in deployment approach. This role will work with Level 5 leadership to develop the governing strategy for validation & release as well help build out a team to execute the strategy. The ideal candidate has professional experience with traditional Verification & Validation & Systems Engineering methodology (Aerospace, Automotive, Telecom, Defense) as well as experience with large-scale Silicon Valley software development & quality.
- Develop a V&V & Release strategy in partnership with senior Level 5 leadership
- Drive agile software release process to AV fleet
- Formulate team mission, identify & build team core competencies & supporting tools & process
- Work cross-functionally with the executive leadership, product, technical program management, software & systems engineering teams to implement validation processes that mature in lockstep with the system & team needs
- Lead team making architectural, make/buy & partnership decisions in framework aligned with Level 5s business needs
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Physics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Professional experience in Systems Engineering (Automotive, Aerospace, Defense, Telecom)
- Professional experience in complex SIlicon Valley software environments - development, site reliability or IT
- Experience in requirement derivation, tracking & verification tests processes (V diagram) in automotive applications
- Experience in systems integration, vehicle testing, functional safety, & vehicle launch
- Prior experience managing, growing & scaling teams
- Ability to communicate highly technical problems & solutions at all levels from engineer to C-level executives
- Software coding skills (matlab, python or C/C++)
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.