We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
As a Scientist, you will work with members within the team & interface with cross-functional project teams including quality, regulatory, clinical operations, research operations, & bioinformatics. The work will support analytical performance testing & clinical trials testing new targeted anti-cancer drugs. You will be hands on in the lab & be required to design & execute experiments related to liquid biopsy for the detection, treatment, & monitoring of all cancer types. The scientist will author study protocols & write technical reports for FDA submissions.
The scientist will maintain electronic notebook & provide impeccable documentation to support quality control, regulatory affairs & clinical affairs in compliance with Quality Systems & Good Laboratory Practices. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, flexible team member who learns quickly, enjoys multi-tasking & most importantly has an interest in our company & our product.
- Be able to work in a team environment & independently to develop, test & validate technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing
- Design study protocols, analyze results, & write reports for validation studies pertaining to IVD submissions & CDx tests with pharma partners
- Be hands on in the lab to prepare samples for verification & validation studies
- Be highly committed & deliver results in a fast-paced start-up environment
- 5+ years of experience in genomics or molecular biology developing genomic assays, with Ph.D; both academic & industrial experience counts.
- Experience working in a regulated environment, including developing IVD assays. Experience with CDx assay development preferred.
- Strong documentation skills, especially writing study protocols & reports for FDA submissions.
- Experience in development or optimization of nucleic acid technologies with a strong preference related to sequencing-based genomic assays.
- Experience with DOE, statistical analysis, and/or bioinformatics analysis of NGS data is a plus
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills required
- Good organization skills, & detailed orientated
- Self-driven & strong team player with proven track record
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacyNotice for Job Applicants.