Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Vice President, General Manager of Virtual Care to join our Member Program Team team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are looking for a Vice President, General Manager of Virtual Care with a passion for pioneering a new way to deliver high-quality care to Oscar Members. This position is responsible for advancing the use of technology to improve access, reduce costs, & improve outcomes.
You will be engaged in defining the overall business strategy & direction of the virtual product & organization to support the mission. You will own the financial & operational success of the virtual business, including end to end from business plan development to operations.
In doing so you will work very closely with a broad set of leaders & stakeholders across a matrix organization.
This is a tremendously exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of growth at Oscar, helping enable our innovative model to reach our members.
- A results-driven builder: You deliver results. You are comfortable with ambiguity. You learn & iterate fast. You roll up your sleeves.
- A strategic, data-driven thinker with financial acumen: You quickly understand what it takes to succeed. You can develop & articulate a vision for a business thats backed by a clear & well-grounded financial game plan.
- A leader who can inspire & motivate: You are able to effectively communicate your vision. Your team, peers, & external partners love to work with you & follow your lead.
- A master of relationships: You build effective, trust-based relationships with a wide range of people & organizations internally & externally
- A mission-driven leader: You are excited about building a unique virtual experience that leverages our high tech, high touch model & takes it to the next level.
- Responsible for building & managing operations end to end that enable the delivery of high quality care & expanding the breadth & depth of services provided by Oscar & the Oscar Medical Group, including, as necessary, managing network providers/vendors that provide services in support of Oscars telehealth
- Developing the business case for further enhancements to the virtual care business; work with other parts of the organization on new market launches, additional capability development plans, & externalization opportunities
- Developing & maintaining a sophisticated ROI model factoring in multiple value drivers (ie productivity, MLR, induced demand, etc).
- Manage budget, P&L of the entire operation.
- Working cross functionally with Oscar Health counterparts & OMG Clinical Leadership to execute all of the above.
- 10+ years of work experience, prior P&L responsibility, & a strong leadership. Preference for experience in the healthcare industry.
- Track record of successfully managing business units & economic drivers with a multi-year trajectory; particularly identifying & transforming key healthcare financial drivers.
- A strong financial/analytical background, & the ability to quickly digest & evaluate complex financial structures & large amounts of data in order to make commercially intelligent business decisions.
- Executive presence & ability to communicate with & lead presentations for senior leaders, including C-level executives both internally & externally.
- Strength in negotiations involving complex economics & communication thereof with internal & external stakeholders.
- Orientation towards designing processes systematically while being able to execute quickly within a fast-paced, fluid & goal-oriented environment.
- Experience in a tech/start-up environment
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.